09 April 2013

MEXICO / MEDIA : American Bureau Chief Says Adios To DF And Latin America.


    Sara Miller Llana...the Latin American bureau chief for the web-only Christian Science Monitor for 7 years...is leaving Mexico City...for assignment in Paris.
    She delivers a 'hasta luego' letter to her neighbors...and the people of a troubled and violent Mexico.
   "I can’t pretend to really know how my two-year-old feels about living here, but I sense that she thrives in the warmth of this society. And I worry about taking her away from it. And yet, as a new mother, no longer simply soaking up a fantastic and fascinating city but caring deeply about its services and security, I do also feel a sense of profound relief that we are leaving."
http://news.yahoo.com/hasta-luego-mexico-monitors-latin-america-bureau-chief-163851422.html