- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
08 January 2012
Enrique Pena Nieto is TV star handsome...and a youthful 45.
But...perhaps not that bright...and certainly not well informed.
The former governor of populous Mexico state has stumbled badly several times on his way to re-taking the presidency back for the PRI...with polls still showing him with a comfortable lead.
Yet...recently he couldn't quote the nation's minimum wage...nor the price of its staple food...tortillas.
Embarrassed...he has responded with what some called...a 'sexist' defense.
His PR blunders have critics sharpening their knives...as Calderon's 6-year term comes to an end.