- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- RUSSIA : Siberian Cult Leader Rudnev Jailed For Raping Dozens Of Followers.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- AUSTRALIA / USA : USA Navy Resumes Ship Sinking Exercises.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- UKRAINE : Thousands Protest In Kyiv For Yulia, Against Yanukovych; Some Injured In Clashes.
- ANIMALS / HUMOR / IMAGES : Cats: Love Them Or Hate Them; Website Now Lets Owners Shame Them.
- COSTA RICA / PERU / COLOMBIA : 17 May UPDATE : 2 More Aides Resign After Prez. Chinchilla Comes Under Fire For Free Flights On Alleged Narco Jet; Key Minister Resigns Over Flight From Bogus Person.
- MEXICO : Shocking Details Emerge About Mayor's Abduction Before Execution; 19 Bodies Found In Chihuahua State.
- MEXICO: Telenovela Star's Assistant Charged With 4 Counts Of Attempted Murder.
24 February 2011
Prostitution is legal in Colombia.
But torturing and kidnapping unsuspecting clients is not.
That appears to have been the modus for a band of 15 kidnappers, including four minors, arrested for operating in Bogota's Santa Fe neighborhood.
They allegedly lured victims to the brothel where they were beaten and forced to give up their belongings and their credit card pins allowing the criminals to withdraw their money from ATMs.
And, worst of all, they may have been aided...by corrupt police.