- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
02 November 2011
Poland is praising veteran pilot Tadeusz Wrona, 54, for safely belly-landing his LOT Boeing 767 in Warsaw...filled with 231 passengers from Newark...after its landing gear failed.
"When the plane stopped, I wasn't sure if everyone was safe. There was smoke," Wrona said. "I felt huge relief when the purser reported, a minute and a half after we stopped, that the cabin was empty."
The nation suffered a huge loss from the 2010 crash in Smolensk of an air-force plane that killed its President Lech Kaczynski and 95 dignitaries...and damaged the long and proud reputation of Polish pilots.
SEE: 2:51 Dramatic Video Of Safe Crash Landing: