- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- COLOMBIA : 30 May UPDATE: Premiere Of Narco Pablo Escobar Telenovela...Sets Viewer Record.
- RUSSIA : Aeroflot Fires Attendant...For Posting Middle Finger Salute Foto.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
- SERBIA / HUMOR : TV Show Pranks PM...With X Rated View.
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- ITALY : Ruby Heartstealer Testifies About Bunga Bunga Parties at Milano Trial.
- BRASIL: Footballer De Souza's Model Mistress Murder Trial Begins.
14 December 2011
Notorious for rampant narco violence in its many slums...Brasil is proposing free, reduced-price tickets or memorabilia for football fans who surrender guns...for the 2014 World Cup.
Another proposal is to then use the destroyed guns...to make FIFA goalposts.
"We must consider the social legacy in defence of peace," an MP said in Brasilia. "In [South] Africa the theme was the fight against Aids. Here we must spread the culture of peace and disarmament. We are still the country that most kills with firearms."
A FIFA rep. angered many during a recent visit by stating: "I think that unfortunately there are so many guns in Brazil that we wouldn't have a sufficient number of tickets."
AND: Wildly popular former President Lula da Silva has successfully undergone his third chemo session...for throat cancer. Doctors say his tumor shrunk by...75%.