- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- HUMOR : Horrible Yearbook FOTOS Unearthed.
- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- MEXICO / AZERBAIJAN : 26 Jan UPDATE: Controversial Azeri Statue Moved To Seedy Warehouse; Baku Is Still Upset.
- RUSSIA : Wanted For 15 Years...Cop Turned Serial Killer...Caught In Vladivostok.
- RUSSIA : Drunk's Death Scene Dance...Goes Viral...Offends Many.
- GERMANY / FRANCE / SHIPPING / IMAGES : World's Largest Container Ship Docks In Hamburg.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- RUSSIA : Miss Russia Defends Pussy Riot Punkers; 4 Detained After Small Moscow Pussy Riot Protest.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
14 December 2011
Notorious for rampant narco violence in its many slums...Brasil is proposing free, reduced-price tickets or memorabilia for football fans who surrender guns...for the 2014 World Cup.
Another proposal is to then use the destroyed guns...to make FIFA goalposts.
"We must consider the social legacy in defence of peace," an MP said in Brasilia. "In [South] Africa the theme was the fight against Aids. Here we must spread the culture of peace and disarmament. We are still the country that most kills with firearms."
A FIFA rep. angered many during a recent visit by stating: "I think that unfortunately there are so many guns in Brazil that we wouldn't have a sufficient number of tickets."
AND: Wildly popular former President Lula da Silva has successfully undergone his third chemo session...for throat cancer. Doctors say his tumor shrunk by...75%.