- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- BRASIL / ITALY / GUATEMALA / USA / RUSSIA: 1 Dead, 7 Injured In Rio Fuel Tanks Fires/ Blasts; Ruby Heartstealer Admits Lying About Silvio's Sex Parties, Money; Ex-Prez Alfonso Portillo Extradited To USA For Money Laundering; Moscow Bans VKontakte By 'Mistake.'
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- UKRAINE / EU / RUSSIA : Pressure Builds On Yanukovych; Yulia's Treatment Is Euro 2012 PR Blunder; Putin Backs Kyiv.
- RUSSIA / AZERBAIJAN / DENMARK / EUROVISION 2013 / IMAGES: 21 May UPDATE: Moscow Outraged By Azeri Vote Problems; Denmark Won Finals...That Featured Lesbian Kiss; Germans Blame Poor Showing On Merkel.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- AUSTRALIA / USA : USA Navy Resumes Ship Sinking Exercises.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
- UKRAINE / GERMANY : Official Blasts Hotels...As 'Bandits And Thieves'...Over Euro 2012 Housing Costs; Movie About Legendary Nazi Football Defeat Worries Officials.
14 December 2011
RUSSIA: 15 Dec. UPDATE: Live From Moscow...Putin On TV; Putin Botox Rumors Go Viral; Duma Speaker Gryzlov To Resign..
PM Vladimir Putin appeared for 4.5 hours on his annual live TV call-in show...and vaguely hinted at relaxing control of Russia's politics...but rejected calls for a new election.
He also insinuated that some protesters were paid by foreign powers.
Critics claim 13mn votes were rigged.
Putin made an observation about mistaking the protest as being about condoms and AIDS...that was quickly mocked on social media.
Meanwhile...in what some observers say is a first step to calm growing number of protesters...the suddenly weakened United Russia party's chairman Boris Gryzlov said he would resign as Duma speaker.
"I decided today to reject my mandate as a deputy," Gryzlov said. He said he would step down because it would "not be right to hold the post of chairman of the chamber for more than two consecutive terms".
Gryzlov has been the Duma's speaker since 2003.
He once famously stated that "the Duma is not a place for discussion".
AND: Rumors that Putin, 59, undergoes Botox treatments...to look youthful...are trending on Russia's TWITTER.
ORIGINAL Post/Link about Duma resignation: