- CHINA / ENVIRONMENT: Beijing Sets New Standard For...Dense Deadly Smog.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL: More Headaches For Dilma : Her VP's In-Law On Playboy Cover...And Chief Aide's Dubious Payment.
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
- BRASIL / ITALY / GUATEMALA / USA / RUSSIA: 1 Dead, 7 Injured In Rio Fuel Tanks Fires/ Blasts; Ruby Heartstealer Admits Lying About Silvio's Sex Parties, Money; Ex-Prez Alfonso Portillo Extradited To USA For Money Laundering; Moscow Bans VKontakte By 'Mistake.'
- POLAND: C.Bank To Strengthen Zloty By Selling Euros.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- BRASIL: Documentary About Rio Garbage Dump... Up For Oscar.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- RUSSIA : Drunk's Death Scene Dance...Goes Viral...Offends Many.
06 April 2013
HUNGARY: 08 April UPDATE: CBank Member Kiraly Resigns After Hurried Vote On $2.1 Billion Stimulus Plan.
Controversial new central bank head Gyorgy Matolcsy didn't dally laying out a massive stimulus plan.
But it was too much for deputy governor Julia Kiraly.
She has resigned...3 months before the end of her term...after complaining she was given only 35 minutes to read the 40-page proposal...before a vote.
She abstained from voting on the $2.1 billion plan.
It offers no interest loans to small businesses...and 2% to middle sized firms.
A normal business loan rate is at least 10%.
The markets are worried about Matolcsy's high risk and unorthodox populist economic theories.
Since assuming his position...he has dismissed 3 senior staff economists.
He is a close ally of PM Viktor Orban.