- VENEZUELA : Caracas Gets Some Toilet Paper Relief; Opposition TV Channel Globovision Surrenders; Maduro Befriends Empresas Polar.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- RUSSIA / VIDEO: Where Road Rage...Gets Real Ugly...Real Fast.
- COSTA RICA / PERU / COLOMBIA : 17 May UPDATE : 2 More Aides Resign After Prez. Chinchilla Comes Under Fire For Free Flights On Alleged Narco Jet; Key Minister Resigns Over Flight From Bogus Person.
- MEXICO: Are Calderon And USA "Soft" On Sinaloa's Narcos?
- GERMANY / ITALY / POLAND : 29 June UPDATE: UPSET!! Roma Beats Berlin 2-1.
- UKRAINE : Thousands Protest In Kyiv For Yulia, Against Yanukovych; Some Injured In Clashes.
- BULGARIA : Viewers Ask : Is TV Show "Otechestven Front" Cursed?
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
06 April 2013
HUNGARY: 08 April UPDATE: CBank Member Kiraly Resigns After Hurried Vote On $2.1 Billion Stimulus Plan.
Controversial new central bank head Gyorgy Matolcsy didn't dally laying out a massive stimulus plan.
But it was too much for deputy governor Julia Kiraly.
She has resigned...3 months before the end of her term...after complaining she was given only 35 minutes to read the 40-page proposal...before a vote.
She abstained from voting on the $2.1 billion plan.
It offers no interest loans to small businesses...and 2% to middle sized firms.
A normal business loan rate is at least 10%.
The markets are worried about Matolcsy's high risk and unorthodox populist economic theories.
Since assuming his position...he has dismissed 3 senior staff economists.
He is a close ally of PM Viktor Orban.