- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- HUMOR : Horrible Yearbook FOTOS Unearthed.
- RUSSIA : Wanted For 15 Years...Cop Turned Serial Killer...Caught In Vladivostok.
- MEXICO / AZERBAIJAN : 26 Jan UPDATE: Controversial Azeri Statue Moved To Seedy Warehouse; Baku Is Still Upset.
- RUSSIA : Drunk's Death Scene Dance...Goes Viral...Offends Many.
- GERMANY / FRANCE / SHIPPING / IMAGES : World's Largest Container Ship Docks In Hamburg.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- RUSSIA : Miss Russia Defends Pussy Riot Punkers; 4 Detained After Small Moscow Pussy Riot Protest.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
06 April 2013
HUNGARY: 08 April UPDATE: CBank Member Kiraly Resigns After Hurried Vote On $2.1 Billion Stimulus Plan.
Controversial new central bank head Gyorgy Matolcsy didn't dally laying out a massive stimulus plan.
But it was too much for deputy governor Julia Kiraly.
She has resigned...3 months before the end of her term...after complaining she was given only 35 minutes to read the 40-page proposal...before a vote.
She abstained from voting on the $2.1 billion plan.
It offers no interest loans to small businesses...and 2% to middle sized firms.
A normal business loan rate is at least 10%.
The markets are worried about Matolcsy's high risk and unorthodox populist economic theories.
Since assuming his position...he has dismissed 3 senior staff economists.
He is a close ally of PM Viktor Orban.