- RUSSIA : Court Sets One Pussy Rioter Free; Fame Brings 70 Year Closure For Eurovision Folk Singer.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- UZBEKISTAN: 23 Aug UPDATE: GooGoosha Responds To Critics; Ruthless Dictator's Daughter Seeks Fame With Pop Career.
- URUGUAY: Foreigners Rush To Buy Farm Land.
- RUSSIA / CZECH REP : 30 Dec UPDATE: Probe Begins Of Moscow Plane Crash That Killed 5, Injured 3.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- ARGENTINA: Bond Appeal Surging On Exports And Debt Restructure; Beating Ukraine For Yield For Now.
- MEXICO / USA : Wanted Narco Billionaire's 'Daughter' Arrested In San Diego.
- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
06 April 2013
HUNGARY: 08 April UPDATE: CBank Member Kiraly Resigns After Hurried Vote On $2.1 Billion Stimulus Plan.
Controversial new central bank head Gyorgy Matolcsy didn't dally laying out a massive stimulus plan.
But it was too much for deputy governor Julia Kiraly.
She has resigned...3 months before the end of her term...after complaining she was given only 35 minutes to read the 40-page proposal...before a vote.
She abstained from voting on the $2.1 billion plan.
It offers no interest loans to small businesses...and 2% to middle sized firms.
A normal business loan rate is at least 10%.
The markets are worried about Matolcsy's high risk and unorthodox populist economic theories.
Since assuming his position...he has dismissed 3 senior staff economists.
He is a close ally of PM Viktor Orban.