- CHINA / ENVIRONMENT: Beijing Sets New Standard For...Dense Deadly Smog.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL: More Headaches For Dilma : Her VP's In-Law On Playboy Cover...And Chief Aide's Dubious Payment.
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
- POLAND: C.Bank To Strengthen Zloty By Selling Euros.
- BRASIL / ITALY / GUATEMALA / USA / RUSSIA: 1 Dead, 7 Injured In Rio Fuel Tanks Fires/ Blasts; Ruby Heartstealer Admits Lying About Silvio's Sex Parties, Money; Ex-Prez Alfonso Portillo Extradited To USA For Money Laundering; Moscow Bans VKontakte By 'Mistake.'
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- COSTA RICA / PERU / COLOMBIA : 17 May UPDATE : 2 More Aides Resign After Prez. Chinchilla Comes Under Fire For Free Flights On Alleged Narco Jet; Key Minister Resigns Over Flight From Bogus Person.
- CHINA / VIDEO : Dissident Artist Ai Weiwei Releases Critical Funky Rock Video.
- BRASIL: Rio Debates Squatters And Slums After Tragic Landslides.
23 April 2013
BRASIL: Media Claim Batista's OGX...Running Out Of Money.
Billionaire Eike Batista is said to be literally dialing for dollars/reais...because some experts say his energy company OGX...will run out of $1.65 billion in cash by year's end.
OGX's high interest bonds shot up yesterday...after media speculation that Russian giant Lukoil might be buying 40% of the languishing company.
There was also a rumor that Malaysia was buying part of OGX's fields for $1 billion.
Recently...OGX has been shutting down wells...to save cash.
OGX stocks and bonds hit new lows last week after reports that its total crude production fell 26%...to just 8,300 bbl daily.
Batista...who once proudly boasted of being Brasil's #2 richest man...and eventually overtaking the globe's wealthiest man...Mexican telecom mogul Carlos Slim...lost a staggering $24.6 billion in worth last year.
But Eike is not poor...still worth $6.9 billion...on paper.