- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
23 April 2013
BRASIL: Media Claim Batista's OGX...Running Out Of Money.
Billionaire Eike Batista is said to be literally dialing for dollars/reais...because some experts say his energy company OGX...will run out of $1.65 billion in cash by year's end.
OGX's high interest bonds shot up yesterday...after media speculation that Russian giant Lukoil might be buying 40% of the languishing company.
There was also a rumor that Malaysia was buying part of OGX's fields for $1 billion.
Recently...OGX has been shutting down wells...to save cash.
OGX stocks and bonds hit new lows last week after reports that its total crude production fell 26%...to just 8,300 bbl daily.
Batista...who once proudly boasted of being Brasil's #2 richest man...and eventually overtaking the globe's wealthiest man...Mexican telecom mogul Carlos Slim...lost a staggering $24.6 billion in worth last year.
But Eike is not poor...still worth $6.9 billion...on paper.