- CHINA / ENVIRONMENT: Beijing Sets New Standard For...Dense Deadly Smog.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL: More Headaches For Dilma : Her VP's In-Law On Playboy Cover...And Chief Aide's Dubious Payment.
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
- POLAND: C.Bank To Strengthen Zloty By Selling Euros.
- BRASIL / ITALY / GUATEMALA / USA / RUSSIA: 1 Dead, 7 Injured In Rio Fuel Tanks Fires/ Blasts; Ruby Heartstealer Admits Lying About Silvio's Sex Parties, Money; Ex-Prez Alfonso Portillo Extradited To USA For Money Laundering; Moscow Bans VKontakte By 'Mistake.'
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- BRASIL: Documentary About Rio Garbage Dump... Up For Oscar.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- COSTA RICA / PERU / COLOMBIA : 17 May UPDATE : 2 More Aides Resign After Prez. Chinchilla Comes Under Fire For Free Flights On Alleged Narco Jet; Key Minister Resigns Over Flight From Bogus Person.
24 April 2013
MEXICO: Veracruz "Vote For Pay' Scandal Threatens Pena Nieto Reforms.
President Enrique El Guapo Pena Nieto's entire much-hyped Pact For Mexico may be threatened...because of an alleged vote buying scandal in Veracruz state.
The out of power PAN party released videos that purport to show officials demanding financial support for social programs only with vote support.
Now...the 2 major opposition parties may withhold their votes for a new banking bill... and perhaps other needed reforms...such as increasing tax collections, allowing foreign oil investments and boosting telecom competition.
This is the biggest challenge in President EPN's young administration.
EPN has been courting global investors by touting his new economic reform measures and...while downplaying and ignoring still widespread narco and criminal violence.
EPN didn't help his cause by at first publicly supporting the social development minister seen in the videos...and under fire...with calls for his resignation.