- RUSSIA : Court Sets One Pussy Rioter Free; Fame Brings 70 Year Closure For Eurovision Folk Singer.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- UZBEKISTAN: 23 Aug UPDATE: GooGoosha Responds To Critics; Ruthless Dictator's Daughter Seeks Fame With Pop Career.
- URUGUAY: Foreigners Rush To Buy Farm Land.
- RUSSIA / CZECH REP : 30 Dec UPDATE: Probe Begins Of Moscow Plane Crash That Killed 5, Injured 3.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- ARGENTINA: Bond Appeal Surging On Exports And Debt Restructure; Beating Ukraine For Yield For Now.
- MEXICO / USA : Wanted Narco Billionaire's 'Daughter' Arrested In San Diego.
- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
24 April 2013
MEXICO: Veracruz "Vote For Pay' Scandal Threatens Pena Nieto Reforms.
President Enrique El Guapo Pena Nieto's entire much-hyped Pact For Mexico may be threatened...because of an alleged vote buying scandal in Veracruz state.
The out of power PAN party released videos that purport to show officials demanding financial support for social programs only with vote support.
Now...the 2 major opposition parties may withhold their votes for a new banking bill... and perhaps other needed reforms...such as increasing tax collections, allowing foreign oil investments and boosting telecom competition.
This is the biggest challenge in President EPN's young administration.
EPN has been courting global investors by touting his new economic reform measures and...while downplaying and ignoring still widespread narco and criminal violence.
EPN didn't help his cause by at first publicly supporting the social development minister seen in the videos...and under fire...with calls for his resignation.