- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- VENEZUELA : Caracas Gets Some Toilet Paper Relief; Opposition TV Channel Globovision Surrenders; Maduro Befriends Empresas Polar.
- RUSSIA / VIDEO: Where Road Rage...Gets Real Ugly...Real Fast.
- MEXICO: Are Calderon And USA "Soft" On Sinaloa's Narcos?
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- COSTA RICA / PERU / COLOMBIA : 17 May UPDATE : 2 More Aides Resign After Prez. Chinchilla Comes Under Fire For Free Flights On Alleged Narco Jet; Key Minister Resigns Over Flight From Bogus Person.
- GERMANY / ITALY / POLAND : 29 June UPDATE: UPSET!! Roma Beats Berlin 2-1.
- UKRAINE : Thousands Protest In Kyiv For Yulia, Against Yanukovych; Some Injured In Clashes.
- BULGARIA : Viewers Ask : Is TV Show "Otechestven Front" Cursed?
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
23 February 2011
Rio's Gramacho Municipal Landfill with its 5,000 "catadores"/trash pickers is displayed in all its stinky glory in a documentary nominated for an Oscar on 27 Feb.
In "Waste Land", workers at Brazil's largest landfill Jardim Gramacho sort through tons of garbage looking for recyclable scraps to sell.
Director Lucy Walker and photog Vik Muniz took photos of workers in epic poses that drew from their own experiences like Jacques-Louis David's "The Death of Marat" and Pablo Picasso's "Woman Ironing."
The documentary won the Sundance Film Festival Audience Award for Best World Cinema Documentary and nearly two dozen other film festival awards.