- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- RUSSIA : Siberian Cult Leader Rudnev Jailed For Raping Dozens Of Followers.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- AUSTRALIA / USA : USA Navy Resumes Ship Sinking Exercises.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- UKRAINE : Thousands Protest In Kyiv For Yulia, Against Yanukovych; Some Injured In Clashes.
- ANIMALS / HUMOR / IMAGES : Cats: Love Them Or Hate Them; Website Now Lets Owners Shame Them.
- COSTA RICA / PERU / COLOMBIA : 17 May UPDATE : 2 More Aides Resign After Prez. Chinchilla Comes Under Fire For Free Flights On Alleged Narco Jet; Key Minister Resigns Over Flight From Bogus Person.
- MEXICO : Shocking Details Emerge About Mayor's Abduction Before Execution; 19 Bodies Found In Chihuahua State.
- MEXICO: Telenovela Star's Assistant Charged With 4 Counts Of Attempted Murder.
23 April 2013
HUNGARY: New CBank Chief Matolcsy Lowers Benchmark...To 4.75%.
New CBank head...and close PM Orban ally...Gyorgy Matolcsy has continued lowering the benchmark...this time by 25 bps...to 4.75%...as inflation hovers close to a 39 year low.
It was the CBank's 9th monthly rate cut.
Many investors expect the benchmark to drop below 4% in the next 6 months.
PM Viktor Orban also announced that Hungary will spend almost 300 million euro/ $400 million to build a state of the art...65,000 seat national stadium...and Olympic sports park in Budapest.
Construction will begin in 2014...with a 2017 projected completion date.