- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- COLOMBIA : 30 May UPDATE: Premiere Of Narco Pablo Escobar Telenovela...Sets Viewer Record.
- RUSSIA : Aeroflot Fires Attendant...For Posting Middle Finger Salute Foto.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
- SERBIA / HUMOR : TV Show Pranks PM...With X Rated View.
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- ITALY : Ruby Heartstealer Testifies About Bunga Bunga Parties at Milano Trial.
- BRASIL: Footballer De Souza's Model Mistress Murder Trial Begins.
23 April 2013
HUNGARY: New CBank Chief Matolcsy Lowers Benchmark...To 4.75%.
New CBank head...and close PM Orban ally...Gyorgy Matolcsy has continued lowering the benchmark...this time by 25 bps...to 4.75%...as inflation hovers close to a 39 year low.
It was the CBank's 9th monthly rate cut.
Many investors expect the benchmark to drop below 4% in the next 6 months.
PM Viktor Orban also announced that Hungary will spend almost 300 million euro/ $400 million to build a state of the art...65,000 seat national stadium...and Olympic sports park in Budapest.
Construction will begin in 2014...with a 2017 projected completion date.