- CHINA / ENVIRONMENT: Beijing Sets New Standard For...Dense Deadly Smog.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL: More Headaches For Dilma : Her VP's In-Law On Playboy Cover...And Chief Aide's Dubious Payment.
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
- BRASIL / ITALY / GUATEMALA / USA / RUSSIA: 1 Dead, 7 Injured In Rio Fuel Tanks Fires/ Blasts; Ruby Heartstealer Admits Lying About Silvio's Sex Parties, Money; Ex-Prez Alfonso Portillo Extradited To USA For Money Laundering; Moscow Bans VKontakte By 'Mistake.'
- POLAND: C.Bank To Strengthen Zloty By Selling Euros.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- BRASIL: Documentary About Rio Garbage Dump... Up For Oscar.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- RUSSIA : Drunk's Death Scene Dance...Goes Viral...Offends Many.
30 April 2013
BOLIVIA : High Court Gives Evo Morales OK For 3rd Consecutive Presidential Term.
President Evo Morales will be running for his 3rd term again in December 2014.
Despite a 2-term limit under Bolivia's present constitution...on the 5 year presidency ...the Constitutional Court ruled Morales' first term does not count...because it predates the 2009 amended version.
Evo was first elected in 2005.
Opposition leaders called the decision' unacceptable.'
Morales won his last election by a landslide...but his popularity has sagged...because of strikes and protests.
Recent poll show him with 41% support.