- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
30 April 2013
BOLIVIA : High Court Gives Evo Morales OK For 3rd Consecutive Presidential Term.
President Evo Morales will be running for his 3rd term again in December 2014.
Despite a 2-term limit under Bolivia's present constitution...on the 5 year presidency ...the Constitutional Court ruled Morales' first term does not count...because it predates the 2009 amended version.
Evo was first elected in 2005.
Opposition leaders called the decision' unacceptable.'
Morales won his last election by a landslide...but his popularity has sagged...because of strikes and protests.
Recent poll show him with 41% support.