- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- AUSTRALIA / USA : USA Navy Resumes Ship Sinking Exercises.
- UKRAINE / GERMANY : Official Blasts Hotels...As 'Bandits And Thieves'...Over Euro 2012 Housing Costs; Movie About Legendary Nazi Football Defeat Worries Officials.
- BRASIL / ITALY / GUATEMALA / USA / RUSSIA: 1 Dead, 7 Injured In Rio Fuel Tanks Fires/ Blasts; Ruby Heartstealer Admits Lying About Silvio's Sex Parties, Money; Ex-Prez Alfonso Portillo Extradited To USA For Money Laundering; Moscow Bans VKontakte By 'Mistake.'
- UKRAINE / EU / RUSSIA : Pressure Builds On Yanukovych; Yulia's Treatment Is Euro 2012 PR Blunder; Putin Backs Kyiv.
- BRASIL / COLOMBIA / UKRAINE: 13 Sept. UPDATE: Bettors' Favorite Odessa An Also Ran In Miss Universe Contest.
- RUSSIA / CHECHNYA/ FRANCE : Actor Depardieu Parties With Dictator Kadyrov.
30 April 2013
VENEZUELA : Maduro's Vote Count Shrinks; Opposition Leader Gen. Rivero Arrested; 01 May Marches Could Turn Violent.
Early results from a partial vote count audit have reduced winning presidential candidate Nicolas Maduro's slim lead even more.
The state electoral council amended Maduro's victory margin to 1.49% or 225,000 votes...from the previously announced 1.80% margin.
Losing candidate Henrique Capriles Radonski is still demanding a full count...but the election council has rebuffed him.
Not surprisingly...Capriles Radonski won 93.13 % of the votes cast abroad.
Final results of the partial audit (56% of the votes) should be ready by June.
Former Chavez ally...turned leading opponent...Gen. Antonio Rivero was arrested Saturday for instigating post election violence.
Rivero has begun a hunger strike to protest his arrest.
Both Maduro and Capriles supporters have announced plans for 01 May demonstrations...increasing the chance for violent clashes in the streets.