- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
30 April 2013
VENEZUELA : Maduro's Vote Count Shrinks; Opposition Leader Gen. Rivero Arrested; 01 May Marches Could Turn Violent.
Early results from a partial vote count audit have reduced winning presidential candidate Nicolas Maduro's slim lead even more.
The state electoral council amended Maduro's victory margin to 1.49% or 225,000 votes...from the previously announced 1.80% margin.
Losing candidate Henrique Capriles Radonski is still demanding a full count...but the election council has rebuffed him.
Not surprisingly...Capriles Radonski won 93.13 % of the votes cast abroad.
Final results of the partial audit (56% of the votes) should be ready by June.
Former Chavez ally...turned leading opponent...Gen. Antonio Rivero was arrested Saturday for instigating post election violence.
Rivero has begun a hunger strike to protest his arrest.
Both Maduro and Capriles supporters have announced plans for 01 May demonstrations...increasing the chance for violent clashes in the streets.