- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- MEXICO : Tulum Called New 'Hot Spot' For Fashionistas And Celebs.
- POLAND: Godson Becomes 1st Black MP.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- HUMOR : Horrible Yearbook FOTOS Unearthed.
- RUSSIA : Wanted For 15 Years...Cop Turned Serial Killer...Caught In Vladivostok.
- RUSSIA : Drunk's Death Scene Dance...Goes Viral...Offends Many.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- CUBA: Wife Of U.S. Prisoner Pleads For His Release.
- PANAMA : 24 Oct UPDATE: Prez Martinelli Will Scrap Colon Land Sale Law...After 3 Deaths; Martinelli Wants To Adopt Euro.
13 March 2013
ARGENTINA / VATICAN : 14 Mar UPDATE: Shocker! Buenos Aires...Gets...Pope Francis.
The Vatican's shocking choice for pope....is only now settling in.
After only 2 days...and 5 votes...the conclave of cardinals chose a dark horse candidate... the archbishop of Buenos Aires since 1998...Jorge Bergoglio, 76...as the new leader of 1.2 billion Roman Catholics.
Bergoglio is the first pope from the New World...the Americas...and the so-called 'global south.'
The Vatican says that the Cardinal chose his name...Pope Francis...after St. Francis of Assisi.
But...perhaps also to honor the co-founder of the Jesuits...St. Francis Xavier.
Pope Francis is the first Jesuit to be chosen as pope.