- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- MEXICO : Tulum Called New 'Hot Spot' For Fashionistas And Celebs.
- POLAND: Godson Becomes 1st Black MP.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- HUMOR : Horrible Yearbook FOTOS Unearthed.
- RUSSIA : Drunk's Death Scene Dance...Goes Viral...Offends Many.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- CUBA: Wife Of U.S. Prisoner Pleads For His Release.
- PANAMA : 24 Oct UPDATE: Prez Martinelli Will Scrap Colon Land Sale Law...After 3 Deaths; Martinelli Wants To Adopt Euro.
- GERMANY / FRANCE / SHIPPING / IMAGES : World's Largest Container Ship Docks In Hamburg.
29 September 2012
RUSSIA : Mother Russia's Richest Man Alisher Usmanov...Profiled.
Billionaires in Russia seem to have sprouted-up like mushrooms after a rain.
There are a lot of them.
But the richest is little known in the West.
He is Alisher Usmanov...and he claims he does not belong among Putin's privileged oligarchs.
'With Facebook, people say I took money from the Kremlin," he declares. "But I invested my own money."
The Uzbek born lawyer is worth $18 billion...and controls Russia's #2 mobile phone company MegaFon.
But after a rich start in iron ore...has moved on to make billions investing in technology...and telecoms.