- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
16 March 2012
BRASIL / USA : 18 March UPDATE: Chevron Execs To Be Criminally Charged For New Leak Off Rio's Coast.
Federal prosecutors announce they will file criminal charges against 17 Brasil-based Chevron employees...over new oil seepage...some 240 miles off Rio's coast.
They have also asked the court to block the executives from leaving Brasil.
(Below Foto of Chevron Brasil CEO George Buck)
Chevron halted all production in its productive Frade field...after a new oil slick was discovered there.
The production stoppage is costly...about 62,000 bbls daily.
Chevron is already facing $121 million in fines...and possibly even an $11 billion lawsuit for a November spill of 3,000 bbls. in the same field.