- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- VENEZUELA: Growing As Hub For Drug Shipments.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- URUGUAY: Foreigners Rush To Buy Farm Land.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- ARGENTINA: Bond Appeal Surging On Exports And Debt Restructure; Beating Ukraine For Yield For Now.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- RUSSIA : Miss Russia Defends Pussy Riot Punkers; 4 Detained After Small Moscow Pussy Riot Protest.
16 March 2012
BRASIL / USA : 18 March UPDATE: Chevron Execs To Be Criminally Charged For New Leak Off Rio's Coast.
Federal prosecutors announce they will file criminal charges against 17 Brasil-based Chevron employees...over new oil seepage...some 240 miles off Rio's coast.
They have also asked the court to block the executives from leaving Brasil.
(Below Foto of Chevron Brasil CEO George Buck)
Chevron halted all production in its productive Frade field...after a new oil slick was discovered there.
The production stoppage is costly...about 62,000 bbls daily.
Chevron is already facing $121 million in fines...and possibly even an $11 billion lawsuit for a November spill of 3,000 bbls. in the same field.