- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- VENEZUELA: Growing As Hub For Drug Shipments.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- URUGUAY: Foreigners Rush To Buy Farm Land.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
- RUSSIA : Miss Russia Defends Pussy Riot Punkers; 4 Detained After Small Moscow Pussy Riot Protest.
- MEXICO: Police Investigating Death of Young American Woman.
14 March 2012
BRASIL : 17 March UPDATE: Court Blocks Trial Of Colonel Charged For 5 Rebels Missing During Dictatorship.
An Amazon region judge blocked the trial of a retired colonel over the 1974 disappearance of 5 guerrillas...3 men and 2 women...in the jungle.
President Dilma Rousseff...herself once a tortured rebel...wanted the trial to go forward.
But the judge in Para state ruled that the effort ran counter to a 1979 amnesty law.
Federal prosecutors can appeal the decision.
Col. Sebastiao Curio Rodrigues de Moura, 77...aka 'Curio'...commanded troops there fighting rebels and communism.
Curio has been a federal congressman.
Rousseff' was seeking accountability for crimes carried out during its 1964-1985 military dictatorship.