- BULGARIA / RUSSIA : Moscow Hits Sofia With $1.3 Billion Claim For Failed Nuke.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- MEXICO / USA : Wanted Narco Billionaire's 'Daughter' Arrested In San Diego.
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- RUSSIA / CHECHNYA/ FRANCE : Actor Depardieu Parties With Dictator Kadyrov.
- MEXICO / USA: Despite Violence, Border Factories Bloom.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
09 January 2012
Iran's beleaguered President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad arrived in Caracas on a 5 day...4 nation tour of Latin America.
He will also visit Nicaragua, Ecuador and Cuba.
Noticeably absent is a stop in Brasil.
With supporter President Lula da Silva gone...new President Rousseff appears cool to Ahmadinejad.
It is the testy Iranian's 5th visit to Latin America.
Iran is looking for support anywhere it can get it...as pressure grows from world powers over its nuclear development...and recent threats to throttle oil shipments.
"Latin America is a region that the oppressive regime(USA) sees as its backyard where it can do as it likes. But today the people have awoken and are acting independently," said Ahmadinejad.
Ahmadinejad has made many economic pledges there...but fulfilled none.
Chavez himself has made 9 visits to Iran...and signed over 100 deals with it.
AND: President Chavez will pull out of a World Bank affiliated arbitration group...that is considering another massive Exxon/Mobil compensation case.
The Center for Settlement of Investment Disputes/ICSID...has 20 cases under consideration against Venezuela.
Chavez announced his intention to leave the ICSID on his first 'Alo Presidente' TV show since a June cancer diagnosis. "We've got to get out of that ICSID."