- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- BRASIL / ITALY / GUATEMALA / USA / RUSSIA: 1 Dead, 7 Injured In Rio Fuel Tanks Fires/ Blasts; Ruby Heartstealer Admits Lying About Silvio's Sex Parties, Money; Ex-Prez Alfonso Portillo Extradited To USA For Money Laundering; Moscow Bans VKontakte By 'Mistake.'
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- UKRAINE / EU / RUSSIA : Pressure Builds On Yanukovych; Yulia's Treatment Is Euro 2012 PR Blunder; Putin Backs Kyiv.
- RUSSIA / AZERBAIJAN / DENMARK / EUROVISION 2013 / IMAGES: 21 May UPDATE: Moscow Outraged By Azeri Vote Problems; Denmark Won Finals...That Featured Lesbian Kiss; Germans Blame Poor Showing On Merkel.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- AUSTRALIA / USA : USA Navy Resumes Ship Sinking Exercises.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
- UKRAINE / GERMANY : Official Blasts Hotels...As 'Bandits And Thieves'...Over Euro 2012 Housing Costs; Movie About Legendary Nazi Football Defeat Worries Officials.
09 January 2012
Iran's beleaguered President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad arrived in Caracas on a 5 day...4 nation tour of Latin America.
He will also visit Nicaragua, Ecuador and Cuba.
Noticeably absent is a stop in Brasil.
With supporter President Lula da Silva gone...new President Rousseff appears cool to Ahmadinejad.
It is the testy Iranian's 5th visit to Latin America.
Iran is looking for support anywhere it can get it...as pressure grows from world powers over its nuclear development...and recent threats to throttle oil shipments.
"Latin America is a region that the oppressive regime(USA) sees as its backyard where it can do as it likes. But today the people have awoken and are acting independently," said Ahmadinejad.
Ahmadinejad has made many economic pledges there...but fulfilled none.
Chavez himself has made 9 visits to Iran...and signed over 100 deals with it.
AND: President Chavez will pull out of a World Bank affiliated arbitration group...that is considering another massive Exxon/Mobil compensation case.
The Center for Settlement of Investment Disputes/ICSID...has 20 cases under consideration against Venezuela.
Chavez announced his intention to leave the ICSID on his first 'Alo Presidente' TV show since a June cancer diagnosis. "We've got to get out of that ICSID."