- BULGARIA / RUSSIA : Moscow Hits Sofia With $1.3 Billion Claim For Failed Nuke.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- MEXICO / USA : Wanted Narco Billionaire's 'Daughter' Arrested In San Diego.
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- RUSSIA / CHECHNYA/ FRANCE : Actor Depardieu Parties With Dictator Kadyrov.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- MEXICO / USA: Despite Violence, Border Factories Bloom.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
12 January 2012
Marc Frank has been reporting about Cuba...from Cuba...for a long time.
AP's Anita Snow is long gone. She famously tried to live on a typical Cuban's monthly rations...and, of course, lost weight.
Upon landing...the Miami Herald's reporters are reportedly escorted to the next departing flight.
Nick Miroff provides fresh insights for a number of outlets...from a nation known for punishing and expelling reporters.
And longtimer Marc Frank treks on.
Here he reports from the hinterland...a village called Guaimaro...about 400 miles from La Habana...and a new successful privately owned/paladar luxe restaurant...that legally sells those 2 rare but highly coveted Cuban dishes...lobster and beef.