- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- VENEZUELA: Growing As Hub For Drug Shipments.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- URUGUAY: Foreigners Rush To Buy Farm Land.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- RUSSIA : Miss Russia Defends Pussy Riot Punkers; 4 Detained After Small Moscow Pussy Riot Protest.
- MEXICO: Police Investigating Death of Young American Woman.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
12 January 2012
Marc Frank has been reporting about Cuba...from Cuba...for a long time.
AP's Anita Snow is long gone. She famously tried to live on a typical Cuban's monthly rations...and, of course, lost weight.
Upon landing...the Miami Herald's reporters are reportedly escorted to the next departing flight.
Nick Miroff provides fresh insights for a number of outlets...from a nation known for punishing and expelling reporters.
And longtimer Marc Frank treks on.
Here he reports from the hinterland...a village called Guaimaro...about 400 miles from La Habana...and a new successful privately owned/paladar luxe restaurant...that legally sells those 2 rare but highly coveted Cuban dishes...lobster and beef.