- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- MEXICO : Tulum Called New 'Hot Spot' For Fashionistas And Celebs.
- POLAND: Godson Becomes 1st Black MP.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- HUMOR : Horrible Yearbook FOTOS Unearthed.
- RUSSIA : Drunk's Death Scene Dance...Goes Viral...Offends Many.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- CUBA: Wife Of U.S. Prisoner Pleads For His Release.
- PANAMA : 24 Oct UPDATE: Prez Martinelli Will Scrap Colon Land Sale Law...After 3 Deaths; Martinelli Wants To Adopt Euro.
- GERMANY / FRANCE / SHIPPING / IMAGES : World's Largest Container Ship Docks In Hamburg.
12 January 2012
Marc Frank has been reporting about Cuba...from Cuba...for a long time.
AP's Anita Snow is long gone. She famously tried to live on a typical Cuban's monthly rations...and, of course, lost weight.
Upon landing...the Miami Herald's reporters are reportedly escorted to the next departing flight.
Nick Miroff provides fresh insights for a number of outlets...from a nation known for punishing and expelling reporters.
And longtimer Marc Frank treks on.
Here he reports from the hinterland...a village called Guaimaro...about 400 miles from La Habana...and a new successful privately owned/paladar luxe restaurant...that legally sells those 2 rare but highly coveted Cuban dishes...lobster and beef.