- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- SERBIA / HUMOR : TV Show Pranks PM...With X Rated View.
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
12 January 2012
Marc Frank has been reporting about Cuba...from Cuba...for a long time.
AP's Anita Snow is long gone. She famously tried to live on a typical Cuban's monthly rations...and, of course, lost weight.
Upon landing...the Miami Herald's reporters are reportedly escorted to the next departing flight.
Nick Miroff provides fresh insights for a number of outlets...from a nation known for punishing and expelling reporters.
And longtimer Marc Frank treks on.
Here he reports from the hinterland...a village called Guaimaro...about 400 miles from La Habana...and a new successful privately owned/paladar luxe restaurant...that legally sells those 2 rare but highly coveted Cuban dishes...lobster and beef.