- BULGARIA / RUSSIA : Moscow Hits Sofia With $1.3 Billion Claim For Failed Nuke.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- RUSSIA / CHECHNYA/ FRANCE : Actor Depardieu Parties With Dictator Kadyrov.
- MEXICO / USA : Wanted Narco Billionaire's 'Daughter' Arrested In San Diego.
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- MEXICO / USA: Despite Violence, Border Factories Bloom.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
06 January 2012
ARGENTINA: 7 Jan UPDATE: Docs Disclose Cristina Had Surgery...For Benign Tumor; Beginning Of The End For Subsidies.
Better safe than sorry...I guess.
Doctors disclosed than President Cristina Kirchner did NOT have cancer in her thyroid!
The good news for Cristina means she will not have to undergo radioactive iodine therapy...and possibly lose her hair.
It was also good new for Argentina that President Cristina survived the arduous 3 1/2 hour surgery for a benign thyroid growth.
She left the hospital after 3 days...to recuperate in the presidential palace.
Now...bad news as citizens will soon feel the pain of drastically reduced subsidized utilities.
They have been paying about 1/3 what other Latin Americans pay.
Economists estimate gas bills could shoot-up 4x...and electricity by 2x.
Cristina's recent landslide re-election for 4 years...softens her political risks.
With the election over...experts say she has no choice...because subsidies cost Buenos Aires 4% of GDP.
Fernandez calls the changes...economic 'fine tuning.'
But...the rate increase roll-out begins with B.A's richest residents...not her supporters.