- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- UKRAINE / EU / RUSSIA : Pressure Builds On Yanukovych; Yulia's Treatment Is Euro 2012 PR Blunder; Putin Backs Kyiv.
- BRASIL / ITALY / GUATEMALA / USA / RUSSIA: 1 Dead, 7 Injured In Rio Fuel Tanks Fires/ Blasts; Ruby Heartstealer Admits Lying About Silvio's Sex Parties, Money; Ex-Prez Alfonso Portillo Extradited To USA For Money Laundering; Moscow Bans VKontakte By 'Mistake.'
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- AUSTRALIA / USA : USA Navy Resumes Ship Sinking Exercises.
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- RUSSIA / AZERBAIJAN / DENMARK / EUROVISION 2013 / IMAGES: 21 May UPDATE: Moscow Outraged By Azeri Vote Problems; Denmark Won Finals...That Featured Lesbian Kiss; Germans Blame Poor Showing On Merkel.
06 January 2012
ARGENTINA: 7 Jan UPDATE: Docs Disclose Cristina Had Surgery...For Benign Tumor; Beginning Of The End For Subsidies.
Better safe than sorry...I guess.
Doctors disclosed than President Cristina Kirchner did NOT have cancer in her thyroid!
The good news for Cristina means she will not have to undergo radioactive iodine therapy...and possibly lose her hair.
It was also good new for Argentina that President Cristina survived the arduous 3 1/2 hour surgery for a benign thyroid growth.
She left the hospital after 3 days...to recuperate in the presidential palace.
Now...bad news as citizens will soon feel the pain of drastically reduced subsidized utilities.
They have been paying about 1/3 what other Latin Americans pay.
Economists estimate gas bills could shoot-up 4x...and electricity by 2x.
Cristina's recent landslide re-election for 4 years...softens her political risks.
With the election over...experts say she has no choice...because subsidies cost Buenos Aires 4% of GDP.
Fernandez calls the changes...economic 'fine tuning.'
But...the rate increase roll-out begins with B.A's richest residents...not her supporters.