- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- MEXICO : Tulum Called New 'Hot Spot' For Fashionistas And Celebs.
- POLAND: Godson Becomes 1st Black MP.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- HUMOR : Horrible Yearbook FOTOS Unearthed.
- RUSSIA : Wanted For 15 Years...Cop Turned Serial Killer...Caught In Vladivostok.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- CUBA: Wife Of U.S. Prisoner Pleads For His Release.
- PANAMA : 24 Oct UPDATE: Prez Martinelli Will Scrap Colon Land Sale Law...After 3 Deaths; Martinelli Wants To Adopt Euro.
- RUSSIA : Drunk's Death Scene Dance...Goes Viral...Offends Many.
06 January 2012
President Pinera had previously claimed that the more than 50 wildfires in Patagonia were under control.
He has changed his tune...after at least 6 fire fighters died...when high winds fanned the area...destroying 50,000 hectares/123,000 acres...so far.
Besides the 7 dead fire-fighters...2 suffered bad burns.
Pinera has also invoked anti-terror legislation...because officials suspect some fires were deliberately set...by radical indigena (Mapuche) activists.
Some Mapuche had recently burned a fire fighting helicopter.
The legislation allows severe punishments, long detention without charges...and anonymous witness testimony.
TO SEE : 6 Fire Fotos: