- BULGARIA / RUSSIA : Moscow Hits Sofia With $1.3 Billion Claim For Failed Nuke.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- MEXICO / USA : Wanted Narco Billionaire's 'Daughter' Arrested In San Diego.
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- RUSSIA / CHECHNYA/ FRANCE : Actor Depardieu Parties With Dictator Kadyrov.
- MEXICO / USA: Despite Violence, Border Factories Bloom.
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
05 January 2012
HUNGARY : Is Orban Humbled Enough By Forint Slide, Bond Rate Surge...To Change Controversial C.Bank Laws?
It's taken a precipitous decline of Hungary's forint...and a steep increase on its bond yields... to 9.96%...to get government officials willing to discuss its controversial central bank law...
that had investors dumping bonds...and the EU backing away from providing a safety net loan.
PM Viktor Orban has condemned meddling by outsiders and strings attached to any assistance.
He says the nation has enough reserves to meet debt rollover...for Q1.
But Orban's game of 'chicken' with the EU over c.bank control...may be nearing an end.
Hungary's resistance is even infecting the currency strength and credit standings of its strong neighbors...like Poland and Czech Republic.