- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- UKRAINE / EU / RUSSIA : Pressure Builds On Yanukovych; Yulia's Treatment Is Euro 2012 PR Blunder; Putin Backs Kyiv.
- BRASIL / ITALY / GUATEMALA / USA / RUSSIA: 1 Dead, 7 Injured In Rio Fuel Tanks Fires/ Blasts; Ruby Heartstealer Admits Lying About Silvio's Sex Parties, Money; Ex-Prez Alfonso Portillo Extradited To USA For Money Laundering; Moscow Bans VKontakte By 'Mistake.'
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- AUSTRALIA / USA : USA Navy Resumes Ship Sinking Exercises.
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- RUSSIA / AZERBAIJAN / DENMARK / EUROVISION 2013 / IMAGES: 21 May UPDATE: Moscow Outraged By Azeri Vote Problems; Denmark Won Finals...That Featured Lesbian Kiss; Germans Blame Poor Showing On Merkel.
05 January 2012
HUNGARY : Is Orban Humbled Enough By Forint Slide, Bond Rate Surge...To Change Controversial C.Bank Laws?
It's taken a precipitous decline of Hungary's forint...and a steep increase on its bond yields... to 9.96%...to get government officials willing to discuss its controversial central bank law...
that had investors dumping bonds...and the EU backing away from providing a safety net loan.
PM Viktor Orban has condemned meddling by outsiders and strings attached to any assistance.
He says the nation has enough reserves to meet debt rollover...for Q1.
But Orban's game of 'chicken' with the EU over c.bank control...may be nearing an end.
Hungary's resistance is even infecting the currency strength and credit standings of its strong neighbors...like Poland and Czech Republic.