- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
03 January 2012
BRASIL : Trade Surplus Hits 4 Year High $30 Billion; Auto Sales Up Almost 3%; 'Dirty List' Of Slave Employers Grows To 294.
In 2011...Brasil's trade surplus y/y soared 47.8%...to nearly $30bn...the highest since 2007.
In December...Brasil officially surpassed Britain as the world's sixth largest economy...thanks to China's hunger for its commodities.
ALSO (NO LINK): In 2011...Brasil's auto sales grew by 2.9% y/y...to a record 3.4 million units.
Italy's Fiat brands led the sales...with 22%...followed by Volkswagen's 20.4%.
Brasil is the world's 4th largest car market.
AND: AP: The government claims that 294 employers are on its 'dirty list'... businesses that keep workers in slave like conditions.