- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
28 December 2011
Hungary envisions its army of unemployed workers...about 45% of the population...digging ditches, picking vegetables and sweeping streets...to receive their benefits...or else receive... nothing!
In the next year...more than 200,000 Hungarians will begin doing this public manual work.
Workers will be paid 9 euros/$12 per day...more than unemployment benefits...but less than the minimum wage.
Hungary will cut welfare funding...to pay for the workers.
AND SEE 1:29 Video: A new law allows fining homeless people...for sleeping on Budapest's streets.
There are 10,000 homeless in the city...and only 5,000 shelter beds.
The max fine is E460.