- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- MEXICO : Tulum Called New 'Hot Spot' For Fashionistas And Celebs.
- POLAND: Godson Becomes 1st Black MP.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- HUMOR : Horrible Yearbook FOTOS Unearthed.
- RUSSIA : Wanted For 15 Years...Cop Turned Serial Killer...Caught In Vladivostok.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- CUBA: Wife Of U.S. Prisoner Pleads For His Release.
- PANAMA : 24 Oct UPDATE: Prez Martinelli Will Scrap Colon Land Sale Law...After 3 Deaths; Martinelli Wants To Adopt Euro.
- RUSSIA : Drunk's Death Scene Dance...Goes Viral...Offends Many.
13 November 2011
Judge Maria Lourdes Afiuni, 48, is being tried for corruption.
But she refuses to enter the courtroom.
She is under house arrest...and seldom leaves her Caracas apartment.
In 2009...Afuini angered President Hugo Chavez when she freed a banker awaiting trial for violating currency exchange controls.
"This judge should get the maximum sentence, and whoever does this — 30 years in prison!," he said.
So Afiuni calls herself a "judge kidnapped by order of Chavez."
Amnesty International is calling for her release.