- BULGARIA / RUSSIA : Moscow Hits Sofia With $1.3 Billion Claim For Failed Nuke.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- MEXICO / USA : Wanted Narco Billionaire's 'Daughter' Arrested In San Diego.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- RUSSIA / CHECHNYA/ FRANCE : Actor Depardieu Parties With Dictator Kadyrov.
- MEXICO / USA: Despite Violence, Border Factories Bloom.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
13 November 2011
Judge Maria Lourdes Afiuni, 48, is being tried for corruption.
But she refuses to enter the courtroom.
She is under house arrest...and seldom leaves her Caracas apartment.
In 2009...Afuini angered President Hugo Chavez when she freed a banker awaiting trial for violating currency exchange controls.
"This judge should get the maximum sentence, and whoever does this — 30 years in prison!," he said.
So Afiuni calls herself a "judge kidnapped by order of Chavez."
Amnesty International is calling for her release.