- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
13 November 2011
Judge Maria Lourdes Afiuni, 48, is being tried for corruption.
But she refuses to enter the courtroom.
She is under house arrest...and seldom leaves her Caracas apartment.
In 2009...Afuini angered President Hugo Chavez when she freed a banker awaiting trial for violating currency exchange controls.
"This judge should get the maximum sentence, and whoever does this — 30 years in prison!," he said.
So Afiuni calls herself a "judge kidnapped by order of Chavez."
Amnesty International is calling for her release.