- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- HUMOR : Horrible Yearbook FOTOS Unearthed.
- RUSSIA : Wanted For 15 Years...Cop Turned Serial Killer...Caught In Vladivostok.
- MEXICO / AZERBAIJAN : 26 Jan UPDATE: Controversial Azeri Statue Moved To Seedy Warehouse; Baku Is Still Upset.
- RUSSIA : Drunk's Death Scene Dance...Goes Viral...Offends Many.
- GERMANY / FRANCE / SHIPPING / IMAGES : World's Largest Container Ship Docks In Hamburg.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- RUSSIA : Miss Russia Defends Pussy Riot Punkers; 4 Detained After Small Moscow Pussy Riot Protest.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
14 November 2011
In just 11 days, the value of Argentina's Peso has fallen 20% in neighboring Montevideo...after Buenos Aires put in place monetary controls over the sale and purchase of the $USD.
The official Argentine rate is 4.28/4.29 Pesos per $USD.
In the informal/black market...the rate is 5 Pesos...and sometimes 5.15 Pesos per $USD.
Uruguayan officials especially fear that Argentine tourists will be deterred by the sudden plunge in their Peso's value.
The new stricter foreign exchange measures seem to have created greater desire...even panic...to purchase foreign currencies.