- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- VENEZUELA: Growing As Hub For Drug Shipments.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- URUGUAY: Foreigners Rush To Buy Farm Land.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- ARGENTINA: Bond Appeal Surging On Exports And Debt Restructure; Beating Ukraine For Yield For Now.
- RUSSIA : Miss Russia Defends Pussy Riot Punkers; 4 Detained After Small Moscow Pussy Riot Protest.
14 November 2011
In just 11 days, the value of Argentina's Peso has fallen 20% in neighboring Montevideo...after Buenos Aires put in place monetary controls over the sale and purchase of the $USD.
The official Argentine rate is 4.28/4.29 Pesos per $USD.
In the informal/black market...the rate is 5 Pesos...and sometimes 5.15 Pesos per $USD.
Uruguayan officials especially fear that Argentine tourists will be deterred by the sudden plunge in their Peso's value.
The new stricter foreign exchange measures seem to have created greater desire...even panic...to purchase foreign currencies.