- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
14 November 2011
In just 11 days, the value of Argentina's Peso has fallen 20% in neighboring Montevideo...after Buenos Aires put in place monetary controls over the sale and purchase of the $USD.
The official Argentine rate is 4.28/4.29 Pesos per $USD.
In the informal/black market...the rate is 5 Pesos...and sometimes 5.15 Pesos per $USD.
Uruguayan officials especially fear that Argentine tourists will be deterred by the sudden plunge in their Peso's value.
The new stricter foreign exchange measures seem to have created greater desire...even panic...to purchase foreign currencies.