- BULGARIA / RUSSIA : Moscow Hits Sofia With $1.3 Billion Claim For Failed Nuke.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- MEXICO / USA : Wanted Narco Billionaire's 'Daughter' Arrested In San Diego.
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- RUSSIA / CHECHNYA/ FRANCE : Actor Depardieu Parties With Dictator Kadyrov.
- MEXICO / USA: Despite Violence, Border Factories Bloom.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
14 November 2011
EUROZONE / ITALY / SPAIN : No "Super Mario" Bond Bounce; Roma Pays Record Rate; Madrid's Interest Hits 6% Level.
So much for speculation that 'the markets' would reward Italy with lower bond rates...after chasing Berlusconi out of power...and installing technocrat Mario Monti as interim head.
There was no 'Super Mario bounce'...instead it was more like a 'dead cat bounce'.
Italy set another painful new record...by selling E3bn/$4.2bn of 5-year bonds....with a 6.29% yield...the highest rate since 1997.
The market's lack of confidence spread again to Spain...where government bonds rose above 6%...for the first time since August.