- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- VENEZUELA: Growing As Hub For Drug Shipments.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- URUGUAY: Foreigners Rush To Buy Farm Land.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- ARGENTINA: Bond Appeal Surging On Exports And Debt Restructure; Beating Ukraine For Yield For Now.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- RUSSIA : Miss Russia Defends Pussy Riot Punkers; 4 Detained After Small Moscow Pussy Riot Protest.
14 November 2011
EUROZONE / ITALY / SPAIN : No "Super Mario" Bond Bounce; Roma Pays Record Rate; Madrid's Interest Hits 6% Level.
So much for speculation that 'the markets' would reward Italy with lower bond rates...after chasing Berlusconi out of power...and installing technocrat Mario Monti as interim head.
There was no 'Super Mario bounce'...instead it was more like a 'dead cat bounce'.
Italy set another painful new record...by selling E3bn/$4.2bn of 5-year bonds....with a 6.29% yield...the highest rate since 1997.
The market's lack of confidence spread again to Spain...where government bonds rose above 6%...for the first time since August.