- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
14 November 2011
EUROZONE / ITALY / SPAIN : No "Super Mario" Bond Bounce; Roma Pays Record Rate; Madrid's Interest Hits 6% Level.
So much for speculation that 'the markets' would reward Italy with lower bond rates...after chasing Berlusconi out of power...and installing technocrat Mario Monti as interim head.
There was no 'Super Mario bounce'...instead it was more like a 'dead cat bounce'.
Italy set another painful new record...by selling E3bn/$4.2bn of 5-year bonds....with a 6.29% yield...the highest rate since 1997.
The market's lack of confidence spread again to Spain...where government bonds rose above 6%...for the first time since August.