- BULGARIA / RUSSIA : Moscow Hits Sofia With $1.3 Billion Claim For Failed Nuke.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- MEXICO / USA : Wanted Narco Billionaire's 'Daughter' Arrested In San Diego.
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- RUSSIA / CHECHNYA/ FRANCE : Actor Depardieu Parties With Dictator Kadyrov.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- MEXICO / USA: Despite Violence, Border Factories Bloom.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
21 November 2011
SPAIN / EUROZONE : Landslide Win For Rajoy's Conservatives; Bond Market Impatient Over Rajoy's Vague Reforms.
The only surprise in Spain's election Sunday...was the size of the conservatives' victory.
The pro-business party (PP) led by the probable PM... Mariano Rajoy...swept the Socialists out of power...with 45% of the vote...winning 186 of 350 seats...in the biggest landslide since 1978...as 72% of the electorate turned out.
Rajoy's party already governs 11 of 17 of Spain's autonomous regions.
However the bond market has not been reassured by his lack of details about proposed reforms...and the month-long delay before he assumes office.
It sent 10 year bond yields up again...by 20 bps...to 6.57%.