- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- SERBIA / HUMOR : TV Show Pranks PM...With X Rated View.
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
01 November 2011
2 screen read...combined.
More Latin American nations are being attacked by political hackers.
Several offshoots of the notorious group ANONYMOUS are at work in Venezuela, Ecuador, Chile, Brasil, Guatemala and Colombia.
An official reports that Brasil's government websites have been attacked more than 1,250 times so far this year.
In Colombia...there have been 480 attacks.
So far...most attacks have been benign.
But...“Hacktivism represents the greatest potential risk, because it can scale-up very quickly,”says a Colombian official. “Groups like Anonymous, for now, are focused on denial-of-service attacks…but sometime they might attack a page that provides critical services, and that might lead to collateral damage if someone needed those services.”