- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
25 November 2011
Brasil is now the world's seventh-largest economy.
In 2010...it's GDP grew by 7.5%...and by a lower but still significant 3.5% this year.
Meanwhile...its jobless rate is the lowest since 2002...at just 6%.
These factors...have many Europeans drooling... and moving to Brasil.
"Last year, we were contacted by more than 2,000 firms seeking information on how to invest and their number is growing. The rise is due not only to the crisis, but also to huge consumer demand in Brazil.
There are 40 million new consumers who emerged from poverty, and the Brazilian market cannot meet their demand,"says a Sao Paulo Chamber of Commerce exec.