- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
25 November 2011
With elections about a week away...PM Vladimir Putin's controlling party will receive only 53% of the parliamentary vote...according to a new poll.
A Levada poll showed only 31% would vote for Putin himself.
Experts note it is a significant decrease...and deprives the party of the necessary two-thirds majority to amend the constitution...without the support of the three other parties.
Observers speculate that the electorate is disillusioned with the electoral process...and expect votes to be manipulated.
"Our votes mean absolutely nothing, everything has already been decided. Putin will be president and United Russia will win the election," said a young businessman.
Moscow has announced 4 March as the date for the presidential election.