- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- MEXICO : Tulum Called New 'Hot Spot' For Fashionistas And Celebs.
- POLAND: Godson Becomes 1st Black MP.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- HUMOR : Horrible Yearbook FOTOS Unearthed.
- RUSSIA : Wanted For 15 Years...Cop Turned Serial Killer...Caught In Vladivostok.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- RUSSIA : Drunk's Death Scene Dance...Goes Viral...Offends Many.
- RUSSIA : Miss Russia Defends Pussy Riot Punkers; 4 Detained After Small Moscow Pussy Riot Protest.
- CUBA: Wife Of U.S. Prisoner Pleads For His Release.
25 November 2011
With elections about a week away...PM Vladimir Putin's controlling party will receive only 53% of the parliamentary vote...according to a new poll.
A Levada poll showed only 31% would vote for Putin himself.
Experts note it is a significant decrease...and deprives the party of the necessary two-thirds majority to amend the constitution...without the support of the three other parties.
Observers speculate that the electorate is disillusioned with the electoral process...and expect votes to be manipulated.
"Our votes mean absolutely nothing, everything has already been decided. Putin will be president and United Russia will win the election," said a young businessman.
Moscow has announced 4 March as the date for the presidential election.