- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
26 November 2011
This is most recent and reliable summary of Chevron's recent oil spill in its $3bn Frade Field...off Rio's coast.
Brasil is re-learning that its much desired and extensive oil exploration has consequences... with even bigger challenges ahead in the very deep waters of its expansive subsalt field.
New info: at 3,800 ft...the Frade Field is not even at the much hyped subsalt depths.
Chevron has been fined $80mn so far...with the spill area treated like a crime scene.
Chevron must cease all work until the probe is concluded.
FOR PREVIOUS Post/link with details:
NEW!: Analysis From Reuters: The deeper you go...the more difficult it gets. A wake-up call for Rio?