- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- VENEZUELA: Growing As Hub For Drug Shipments.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- RUSSIA : Miss Russia Defends Pussy Riot Punkers; 4 Detained After Small Moscow Pussy Riot Protest.
- COSTA RICA / PERU / COLOMBIA : 17 May UPDATE : 2 More Aides Resign After Prez. Chinchilla Comes Under Fire For Free Flights On Alleged Narco Jet; Key Minister Resigns Over Flight From Bogus Person.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
27 November 2011
T.WILKINSON, K. ELLINGWOOD
3 screen read...combined
Some observers claim narco money laundered in Mexico could be $50 billion...about equal to 3% of its GDP...and more than oil exports.
While the government has expanded the marines and army roles fighting narco violence... experts say it has woefully lagged in fighting money laundering.
"Without question, we have been at fault," Calderon admits. "The truth is that the existing structures for detecting money-laundering were simply overwhelmed by reality."
"If you don't take away their property, winning this war is impossible," said Sen. Ricardo Garcia Cervantes. "You are not going to win this war with bullets."
NEW!!! Part 2 of series. Few consequences/sanctions for convicted blacklisters.