- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- MEXICO : Tulum Called New 'Hot Spot' For Fashionistas And Celebs.
- POLAND: Godson Becomes 1st Black MP.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- HUMOR : Horrible Yearbook FOTOS Unearthed.
- RUSSIA : Wanted For 15 Years...Cop Turned Serial Killer...Caught In Vladivostok.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- RUSSIA : Drunk's Death Scene Dance...Goes Viral...Offends Many.
- RUSSIA : Miss Russia Defends Pussy Riot Punkers; 4 Detained After Small Moscow Pussy Riot Protest.
- CUBA: Wife Of U.S. Prisoner Pleads For His Release.
27 November 2011
T.WILKINSON, K. ELLINGWOOD
3 screen read...combined
Some observers claim narco money laundered in Mexico could be $50 billion...about equal to 3% of its GDP...and more than oil exports.
While the government has expanded the marines and army roles fighting narco violence... experts say it has woefully lagged in fighting money laundering.
"Without question, we have been at fault," Calderon admits. "The truth is that the existing structures for detecting money-laundering were simply overwhelmed by reality."
"If you don't take away their property, winning this war is impossible," said Sen. Ricardo Garcia Cervantes. "You are not going to win this war with bullets."
NEW!!! Part 2 of series. Few consequences/sanctions for convicted blacklisters.