- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- MEXICO : Tulum Called New 'Hot Spot' For Fashionistas And Celebs.
- POLAND: Godson Becomes 1st Black MP.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- HUMOR : Horrible Yearbook FOTOS Unearthed.
- RUSSIA : Drunk's Death Scene Dance...Goes Viral...Offends Many.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- CUBA: Wife Of U.S. Prisoner Pleads For His Release.
- PANAMA : 24 Oct UPDATE: Prez Martinelli Will Scrap Colon Land Sale Law...After 3 Deaths; Martinelli Wants To Adopt Euro.
- GERMANY / FRANCE / SHIPPING / IMAGES : World's Largest Container Ship Docks In Hamburg.
26 October 2011
Canadian oil firm Pacific Rubiales has threatened to shut down its productive Rubiales and Quifa fields after recent attacks.
"At the moment we are once again victims of violent attacks on our infrastructure. If this continues it will be necessary to shut down the field,"said a spokesman.
Workers' quarters have been set on fire.
Most of its 4,000 employees are demanding higher wages and better working conditions.
The two fields produce 240,000 bbls daily...around 20% of Colombia's production.