- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- VENEZUELA: Growing As Hub For Drug Shipments.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- URUGUAY: Foreigners Rush To Buy Farm Land.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- RUSSIA : Miss Russia Defends Pussy Riot Punkers; 4 Detained After Small Moscow Pussy Riot Protest.
- MEXICO: Police Investigating Death of Young American Woman.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
26 October 2011
Canadian oil firm Pacific Rubiales has threatened to shut down its productive Rubiales and Quifa fields after recent attacks.
"At the moment we are once again victims of violent attacks on our infrastructure. If this continues it will be necessary to shut down the field,"said a spokesman.
Workers' quarters have been set on fire.
Most of its 4,000 employees are demanding higher wages and better working conditions.
The two fields produce 240,000 bbls daily...around 20% of Colombia's production.