- BULGARIA / RUSSIA : Moscow Hits Sofia With $1.3 Billion Claim For Failed Nuke.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- MEXICO / USA : Wanted Narco Billionaire's 'Daughter' Arrested In San Diego.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- RUSSIA / CHECHNYA/ FRANCE : Actor Depardieu Parties With Dictator Kadyrov.
- MEXICO / USA: Despite Violence, Border Factories Bloom.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
26 October 2011
Just days after her landslide victory...President Cristina Fernandez has ordered oil, gas and mining companies to deposit ALL their export revenue on the local foreign-exchange market...because central bank reserves have dwindled from recent capital flight.
The central bank has been forced to sell billions of dollars on the currency market since August to stem the peso's losses.
Some economists estimate that Argentina has suffered at least $73bn capital flight in the past 4 years...and $20bn so far in 2011.
Previously...oil and gas firms had only been required to repatriate 30% of their export revenue in dollars...while miners had no requirements.