- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
26 October 2011
Just days after her landslide victory...President Cristina Fernandez has ordered oil, gas and mining companies to deposit ALL their export revenue on the local foreign-exchange market...because central bank reserves have dwindled from recent capital flight.
The central bank has been forced to sell billions of dollars on the currency market since August to stem the peso's losses.
Some economists estimate that Argentina has suffered at least $73bn capital flight in the past 4 years...and $20bn so far in 2011.
Previously...oil and gas firms had only been required to repatriate 30% of their export revenue in dollars...while miners had no requirements.