- BULGARIA / RUSSIA : Moscow Hits Sofia With $1.3 Billion Claim For Failed Nuke.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- MEXICO / USA : Wanted Narco Billionaire's 'Daughter' Arrested In San Diego.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- RUSSIA / CHECHNYA/ FRANCE : Actor Depardieu Parties With Dictator Kadyrov.
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- MEXICO / USA: Despite Violence, Border Factories Bloom.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
27 October 2011
Yet another minister has just resigned from President Rousseff's cabinet.
Many praise...while others blame...VEJA executive editor Eurípedes Alcântara.
VEJA is an influential weekly magazine with 1.2 mn subscribers...that has broken many corruption stories.
Alcântara, 55, believes his job is to stop the rampant corruption. "It is a civilizational clash. What kind of country do we want to be?", he says.
But the magazine is loathed by the left especially many in ex-President Lula da Silva's party.
In 2006, Lula said after a VEJA story claiming secret overseas bank accounts : "Let's be frank, some of Veja's journalists deserve the Nobel prize for irresponsibility. Veja does not publish accusations. Veja publishes lies."