- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
27 October 2011
Yet another minister has just resigned from President Rousseff's cabinet.
Many praise...while others blame...VEJA executive editor Eurípedes Alcântara.
VEJA is an influential weekly magazine with 1.2 mn subscribers...that has broken many corruption stories.
Alcântara, 55, believes his job is to stop the rampant corruption. "It is a civilizational clash. What kind of country do we want to be?", he says.
But the magazine is loathed by the left especially many in ex-President Lula da Silva's party.
In 2006, Lula said after a VEJA story claiming secret overseas bank accounts : "Let's be frank, some of Veja's journalists deserve the Nobel prize for irresponsibility. Veja does not publish accusations. Veja publishes lies."