- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- SERBIA / HUMOR : TV Show Pranks PM...With X Rated View.
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
27 October 2011
Though former president Nestor Kirchner died after a massive heart attack last year at age 60...he is still, of course, revered by his wife...the just re-elected President Cristina Fernandez...and her followers.
Cristina continues to wear black in his memory...and a sympathy vote is credited for her landslide re-election.
But Argentina is notorious for relishing the cult of personality...especially for Juan Peron and his wife Evita...that still lingers 40 years after their deaths.
"Today you see Nestor's image more than Peron's at political marches, it's everywhere," said an architect.
Graffiti of Nestor Kirchner is spreading across Buenos Aires.
He has also been labelled as "Nestornauta"...like the comic book hero El Eternauta who travels forever through time.