- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- MEXICO : Tulum Called New 'Hot Spot' For Fashionistas And Celebs.
- POLAND: Godson Becomes 1st Black MP.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- HUMOR : Horrible Yearbook FOTOS Unearthed.
- RUSSIA : Wanted For 15 Years...Cop Turned Serial Killer...Caught In Vladivostok.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- CUBA: Wife Of U.S. Prisoner Pleads For His Release.
- PANAMA : 24 Oct UPDATE: Prez Martinelli Will Scrap Colon Land Sale Law...After 3 Deaths; Martinelli Wants To Adopt Euro.
- RUSSIA : Drunk's Death Scene Dance...Goes Viral...Offends Many.
27 October 2011
After a 22-month long trial...former naval officer Alfredo Astiz, 59, got a life sentence for crimes against humanity committed during the brutal 1976-83 military rule.
Astiz (above)...aka the "Blond Angel of Death"...was convicted of murder and torture...as many in and outside the courtroom cheered.
Two French nuns and 3 founders of the Mothers of the Plaza de Mayo human rights group were some of his victims.
An estimated 30,000 people were killed or 'disappeared' during the military rule.
Eleven others were also sentenced to life for their crimes against humanity.