- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- VENEZUELA: Growing As Hub For Drug Shipments.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- URUGUAY: Foreigners Rush To Buy Farm Land.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
- RUSSIA : Miss Russia Defends Pussy Riot Punkers; 4 Detained After Small Moscow Pussy Riot Protest.
- MEXICO: Police Investigating Death of Young American Woman.
27 October 2011
After a 22-month long trial...former naval officer Alfredo Astiz, 59, got a life sentence for crimes against humanity committed during the brutal 1976-83 military rule.
Astiz (above)...aka the "Blond Angel of Death"...was convicted of murder and torture...as many in and outside the courtroom cheered.
Two French nuns and 3 founders of the Mothers of the Plaza de Mayo human rights group were some of his victims.
An estimated 30,000 people were killed or 'disappeared' during the military rule.
Eleven others were also sentenced to life for their crimes against humanity.