- BULGARIA / RUSSIA : Moscow Hits Sofia With $1.3 Billion Claim For Failed Nuke.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- MEXICO / USA : Wanted Narco Billionaire's 'Daughter' Arrested In San Diego.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- RUSSIA / CHECHNYA/ FRANCE : Actor Depardieu Parties With Dictator Kadyrov.
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- MEXICO / USA: Despite Violence, Border Factories Bloom.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
27 October 2011
After a 22-month long trial...former naval officer Alfredo Astiz, 59, got a life sentence for crimes against humanity committed during the brutal 1976-83 military rule.
Astiz (above)...aka the "Blond Angel of Death"...was convicted of murder and torture...as many in and outside the courtroom cheered.
Two French nuns and 3 founders of the Mothers of the Plaza de Mayo human rights group were some of his victims.
An estimated 30,000 people were killed or 'disappeared' during the military rule.
Eleven others were also sentenced to life for their crimes against humanity.