- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- AUSTRALIA / USA : USA Navy Resumes Ship Sinking Exercises.
- UKRAINE / GERMANY : Official Blasts Hotels...As 'Bandits And Thieves'...Over Euro 2012 Housing Costs; Movie About Legendary Nazi Football Defeat Worries Officials.
- BRASIL / ITALY / GUATEMALA / USA / RUSSIA: 1 Dead, 7 Injured In Rio Fuel Tanks Fires/ Blasts; Ruby Heartstealer Admits Lying About Silvio's Sex Parties, Money; Ex-Prez Alfonso Portillo Extradited To USA For Money Laundering; Moscow Bans VKontakte By 'Mistake.'
- UKRAINE / EU / RUSSIA : Pressure Builds On Yanukovych; Yulia's Treatment Is Euro 2012 PR Blunder; Putin Backs Kyiv.
- BRASIL / COLOMBIA / UKRAINE: 13 Sept. UPDATE: Bettors' Favorite Odessa An Also Ran In Miss Universe Contest.
- RUSSIA / CHECHNYA/ FRANCE : Actor Depardieu Parties With Dictator Kadyrov.
05 May 2011
POLAND: A Thousand Copper Miners Riot In Lubin Over Pay; Fans Barred From 2 Football Matches Over Hooliganism Fears.
Several hundred copper miners have attacked the headquarters of KGHM mining in Lubin over pay disputes.
PM Donald Tusk condemned the violence and threatened prosecution for anyone committing crimes while “hiding behind the banners of trades unions.”
TO SEE: :20 English Language Report:
AND: Fans will be barred from two league matches to show zero tolerance for stadium rioting after hooligans caused $13,000 in damage following Legia's win over Lech Poznan in Bydgoszcz.
The Legia Warsaw's home game against Korona Kielce will be played...to an empty stadium.
PM Tusk said: "Measures used so far have proven themselves inefficient. The modern stadiums we are building are not meant to witness Medieval-era kind of behavior."
No arrests were made in Bydgoszcz.