- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- BRASIL / ITALY / GUATEMALA / USA / RUSSIA: 1 Dead, 7 Injured In Rio Fuel Tanks Fires/ Blasts; Ruby Heartstealer Admits Lying About Silvio's Sex Parties, Money; Ex-Prez Alfonso Portillo Extradited To USA For Money Laundering; Moscow Bans VKontakte By 'Mistake.'
- AUSTRALIA / USA : USA Navy Resumes Ship Sinking Exercises.
- UKRAINE / GERMANY : Official Blasts Hotels...As 'Bandits And Thieves'...Over Euro 2012 Housing Costs; Movie About Legendary Nazi Football Defeat Worries Officials.
- UKRAINE / EU / RUSSIA : Pressure Builds On Yanukovych; Yulia's Treatment Is Euro 2012 PR Blunder; Putin Backs Kyiv.
- RUSSIA / AZERBAIJAN / DENMARK / EUROVISION 2013 / IMAGES: 21 May UPDATE: Moscow Outraged By Azeri Vote Problems; Denmark Won Finals...That Featured Lesbian Kiss; Germans Blame Poor Showing On Merkel.
- BRASIL / COLOMBIA / UKRAINE: 13 Sept. UPDATE: Bettors' Favorite Odessa An Also Ran In Miss Universe Contest.
30 March 2011
Profile of Chinese artist and "troublemaker" Ai WeiWei
Sloooow Load / NO TRANSCRIPT !
Ai WeiWei is China's most famous artist...and is feared by the government...for his fearlessness.
FROM WIKIPEDIA: Ai Weiwei :
Besides working in art and architecture, he has investigated the corruption and cover-ups of the government, exposing the shabby construction of Sichuan schools that collapsed during the 2008 earthquake and killed thousands of children. He also uses the internet (pictured below) to communicate with people all over China, especially the young. He was badly beaten by police, suffering a serious head injury. Later his extensive studio/home complex...was illegally demolished by the government.
Anyone who has ever railed against authority or injustice...but felt powerless...even impotent...to do anything...will take heart...and caution...from this documentary.
Having lived in Cuba for a total of almost 3 years...and learned to HATE its system and injustices...the editor certainly qualifies.