- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- MEXICO : Tulum Called New 'Hot Spot' For Fashionistas And Celebs.
- POLAND: Godson Becomes 1st Black MP.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- HUMOR : Horrible Yearbook FOTOS Unearthed.
- RUSSIA : Wanted For 15 Years...Cop Turned Serial Killer...Caught In Vladivostok.
- RUSSIA : Drunk's Death Scene Dance...Goes Viral...Offends Many.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- CUBA: Wife Of U.S. Prisoner Pleads For His Release.
- PANAMA : 24 Oct UPDATE: Prez Martinelli Will Scrap Colon Land Sale Law...After 3 Deaths; Martinelli Wants To Adopt Euro.
30 March 2011
"With the 23 October presidential elections looming for Argentina, Fernandez's grief for the loss of her lifelong partner has turned out to have political benefits, rallying backers, drawing sympathy and shielding her from attack even as she rises in the polls.
No one can doubt Fernandez's pain, but she has maintained a strict mourning far longer than required by modern protocols, and invokes Kirchner's memory in nearly every speech, though rarely by name. She speaks of what "He" would have done, or how "He" would feel to see her so supported.
Skeptics suggest she is using her mourning to political effect."
After all it worked...for the Perons.