- BRASIL: Miss Bum Bum Finalists To Be Chosen By Online Vote.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- POLAND : 22 Warsaw Police Injured As Ultra Rightists Crash Independence March; 176 Arrested.
- BRASIL: Pantless Lover...Barely Escapes Jealous Husband...From 3rd Floor.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- COLOMBIA: Will World Cup Matches Affect Presidential Voting?
- AUSTIN,TEXAS: Lance Armstrong Still Under Seige For Doping Charges.
- BULGARIA / RUSSIA : Moscow Hits Sofia With $1.3 Billion Claim For Failed Nuke.
- MEXICO: Telenovela Star's Assistant Charged With 4 Counts Of Attempted Murder.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
01 November 2010
Growing global demand for farmland has generated a new rush of foreign investors in Uruguay, many of them Argentines.
"The equation is perfect for foreign investors: high prices for commodities, strong demand for grains, oil-seeds, beef and other farm produce and a depreciation of the US dollar”, says expert Sebastian Da Silva.
An estimated 11% of Uruguay’s 16 million hectares of farmland are owned by foreigners.