- MARITIME IMAGES : 22 Haunting Shipwrecks.
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- COLOMBIA : 30 May UPDATE: Premiere Of Narco Pablo Escobar Telenovela...Sets Viewer Record.
- USA : 15 Feb UPDATE : A Look Inside The Toxic Ship...As The Carnival Cruise From Hell...Finally Ends!
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- SERBIA / HUMOR : TV Show Pranks PM...With X Rated View.
- POLAND : 20 Sept UPDATE : Police Probe Lubin Priest Over Teens' Creepy Cream Licking Ceremony.
- MEXICO: Football Goalkeeper 'El Gato' Ortiz Arrested For Kidnappings.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
01 November 2010
Growing global demand for farmland has generated a new rush of foreign investors in Uruguay, many of them Argentines.
"The equation is perfect for foreign investors: high prices for commodities, strong demand for grains, oil-seeds, beef and other farm produce and a depreciation of the US dollar”, says expert Sebastian Da Silva.
An estimated 11% of Uruguay’s 16 million hectares of farmland are owned by foreigners.