- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- POLAND: Godson Becomes 1st Black MP.
- BRASIL: Pantless Lover...Barely Escapes Jealous Husband...From 3rd Floor.
- RUSSIA : Drunk's Death Scene Dance...Goes Viral...Offends Many.
- RUSSIA / AZERBAIJAN / DENMARK / EUROVISION 2013 / IMAGES: 21 May UPDATE: Moscow Outraged By Azeri Vote Problems; Denmark Won Finals...That Featured Lesbian Kiss; Germans Blame Poor Showing On Merkel.
- MEXICO : Tulum Called New 'Hot Spot' For Fashionistas And Celebs.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- TECHNOLOGY : Today's 8 TWITTER Posts/Newslinks.
- BRASIL / ITALY / GUATEMALA / USA / RUSSIA: 1 Dead, 7 Injured In Rio Fuel Tanks Fires/ Blasts; Ruby Heartstealer Admits Lying About Silvio's Sex Parties, Money; Ex-Prez Alfonso Portillo Extradited To USA For Money Laundering; Moscow Bans VKontakte By 'Mistake.'
01 November 2010
Growing global demand for farmland has generated a new rush of foreign investors in Uruguay, many of them Argentines.
"The equation is perfect for foreign investors: high prices for commodities, strong demand for grains, oil-seeds, beef and other farm produce and a depreciation of the US dollar”, says expert Sebastian Da Silva.
An estimated 11% of Uruguay’s 16 million hectares of farmland are owned by foreigners.