- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
08 May 2013
RUSSIA : Medvedev Loses...With Deputy PM Surkov Resignation; Putin Looks For Recession Scapegoats.
PM Dmitry Medvedev's top aide...Deputy PM Vladislav Surkov, 48...submitted his resignation.
He was reportedly forced out by President Putin...who blamed Surkov for not carrying out recent decrees...as Russia slides into recession.
Observers say it again reveals a growing rift between the two leaders.
Surkov may have simply backed the wrong horse.
He was once Putin's chief strategist...known as the 'Grey Cardinal'.
AND...FYI: Putin kept new USA Sec. of State John Kerry waiting for 3 hours...before their Moscow meeting about Syria.
ALSO: Analysis: Who's to blame for Moscow's economic malaise...if not Putin?