- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- AUSTRALIA / USA : USA Navy Resumes Ship Sinking Exercises.
- UKRAINE / GERMANY : Official Blasts Hotels...As 'Bandits And Thieves'...Over Euro 2012 Housing Costs; Movie About Legendary Nazi Football Defeat Worries Officials.
- BRASIL / ITALY / GUATEMALA / USA / RUSSIA: 1 Dead, 7 Injured In Rio Fuel Tanks Fires/ Blasts; Ruby Heartstealer Admits Lying About Silvio's Sex Parties, Money; Ex-Prez Alfonso Portillo Extradited To USA For Money Laundering; Moscow Bans VKontakte By 'Mistake.'
- UKRAINE / EU / RUSSIA : Pressure Builds On Yanukovych; Yulia's Treatment Is Euro 2012 PR Blunder; Putin Backs Kyiv.
- BRASIL / COLOMBIA / UKRAINE: 13 Sept. UPDATE: Bettors' Favorite Odessa An Also Ran In Miss Universe Contest.
- RUSSIA / CHECHNYA/ FRANCE : Actor Depardieu Parties With Dictator Kadyrov.
07 May 2013
POLAND : 08 May UPDATE: Talisman And Marathon Exit Shale Search; Shale Gas Fracking Proceeds...Despite Residents' Fears.
Talisman Energy and Marathon Oil have announced they are exiting their search for shale gas in Poland.
But Ireland-based San Leon Energy said it would develop Talisman's 3 Baltic basin interests.
In 2012...Exxon pulled-out from Poland...after disappointing drilling results there.
Chevron still employs 30 people in Warsaw.
But Polish officials are still counting on the USA's fracking technique to unleash new sources of nat gas and oil...freeing their nation from Russian energy dependence.
Some 30 energy companies are already seeking shale gas.
But in the EU...Bulgaria and France have outlawed the controversial technique.
Many rural residents in Poland fear fracking's heavy reliance on water will ruin their lands.
And...by law...residents don't hold any mineral rights...and thus have 'no skin in the game.'
TO WATCH : 7:55 Video report with transcript.