- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- RUSSIA : Siberian Cult Leader Rudnev Jailed For Raping Dozens Of Followers.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- AUSTRALIA / USA : USA Navy Resumes Ship Sinking Exercises.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- UKRAINE : Thousands Protest In Kyiv For Yulia, Against Yanukovych; Some Injured In Clashes.
- ANIMALS / HUMOR / IMAGES : Cats: Love Them Or Hate Them; Website Now Lets Owners Shame Them.
- COSTA RICA / PERU / COLOMBIA : 17 May UPDATE : 2 More Aides Resign After Prez. Chinchilla Comes Under Fire For Free Flights On Alleged Narco Jet; Key Minister Resigns Over Flight From Bogus Person.
- MEXICO : Shocking Details Emerge About Mayor's Abduction Before Execution; 19 Bodies Found In Chihuahua State.
- MEXICO: Telenovela Star's Assistant Charged With 4 Counts Of Attempted Murder.
28 April 2013
TEXAS / CALIFORNIA / MEDIA : Gov. Perry Demands Apology From Newspaper For Editorial Cartoon About Fertilizer Plant Blast.
Extremely conservative Texas Governor Rick Perry...who regularly touts the state's relaxed regulation and low taxes...to recruit businesses from other states and is especially fond of ridiculing California...is now demanding an apology from a California newspaper cartoonist.
Jack Ohman...the editorial cartoonist for the daily Sacramento Bee...drew Perry praising the state's booming business...next to a frame depicting the recent fertilizer blast...that killed 14...and damaged or destroyed 142 buildings in little West, Texas.
Perry described the cartoon...'as someone mocking the tragic deaths of my fellow citizens and our fellow Americans.'
He demanded the newspaper apologize.
The newspaper defended its cartoon...'as a strong statement about Gov. Perry's disregard for worker safety.'