- RUSSIA : Court Sets One Pussy Rioter Free; Fame Brings 70 Year Closure For Eurovision Folk Singer.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- UZBEKISTAN: 23 Aug UPDATE: GooGoosha Responds To Critics; Ruthless Dictator's Daughter Seeks Fame With Pop Career.
- URUGUAY: Foreigners Rush To Buy Farm Land.
- RUSSIA / CZECH REP : 30 Dec UPDATE: Probe Begins Of Moscow Plane Crash That Killed 5, Injured 3.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- ARGENTINA: Bond Appeal Surging On Exports And Debt Restructure; Beating Ukraine For Yield For Now.
- MEXICO / USA : Wanted Narco Billionaire's 'Daughter' Arrested In San Diego.
- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
28 April 2013
TEXAS / CALIFORNIA / MEDIA : Gov. Perry Demands Apology From Newspaper For Editorial Cartoon About Fertilizer Plant Blast.
Extremely conservative Texas Governor Rick Perry...who regularly touts the state's relaxed regulation and low taxes...to recruit businesses from other states and is especially fond of ridiculing California...is now demanding an apology from a California newspaper cartoonist.
Jack Ohman...the editorial cartoonist for the daily Sacramento Bee...drew Perry praising the state's booming business...next to a frame depicting the recent fertilizer blast...that killed 14...and damaged or destroyed 142 buildings in little West, Texas.
Perry described the cartoon...'as someone mocking the tragic deaths of my fellow citizens and our fellow Americans.'
He demanded the newspaper apologize.
The newspaper defended its cartoon...'as a strong statement about Gov. Perry's disregard for worker safety.'