- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
- BRASIL / ITALY / GUATEMALA / USA / RUSSIA: 1 Dead, 7 Injured In Rio Fuel Tanks Fires/ Blasts; Ruby Heartstealer Admits Lying About Silvio's Sex Parties, Money; Ex-Prez Alfonso Portillo Extradited To USA For Money Laundering; Moscow Bans VKontakte By 'Mistake.'
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- AUSTRALIA / USA : USA Navy Resumes Ship Sinking Exercises.
- UKRAINE / GERMANY : Official Blasts Hotels...As 'Bandits And Thieves'...Over Euro 2012 Housing Costs; Movie About Legendary Nazi Football Defeat Worries Officials.
- UKRAINE / EU / RUSSIA : Pressure Builds On Yanukovych; Yulia's Treatment Is Euro 2012 PR Blunder; Putin Backs Kyiv.
- RUSSIA / AZERBAIJAN / DENMARK / EUROVISION 2013 / IMAGES: 21 May UPDATE: Moscow Outraged By Azeri Vote Problems; Denmark Won Finals...That Featured Lesbian Kiss; Germans Blame Poor Showing On Merkel.
- BRASIL / COLOMBIA / UKRAINE: 13 Sept. UPDATE: Bettors' Favorite Odessa An Also Ran In Miss Universe Contest.
28 April 2013
TEXAS / CALIFORNIA / MEDIA : Gov. Perry Demands Apology From Newspaper For Editorial Cartoon About Fertilizer Plant Blast.
Extremely conservative Texas Governor Rick Perry...who regularly touts the state's relaxed regulation and low taxes...to recruit businesses from other states and is especially fond of ridiculing California...is now demanding an apology from a California newspaper cartoonist.
Jack Ohman...the editorial cartoonist for the daily Sacramento Bee...drew Perry praising the state's booming business...next to a frame depicting the recent fertilizer blast...that killed 14...and damaged or destroyed 142 buildings in little West, Texas.
Perry described the cartoon...'as someone mocking the tragic deaths of my fellow citizens and our fellow Americans.'
He demanded the newspaper apologize.
The newspaper defended its cartoon...'as a strong statement about Gov. Perry's disregard for worker safety.'