- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- HUMOR : Horrible Yearbook FOTOS Unearthed.
- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- RUSSIA : Wanted For 15 Years...Cop Turned Serial Killer...Caught In Vladivostok.
- MEXICO / AZERBAIJAN : 26 Jan UPDATE: Controversial Azeri Statue Moved To Seedy Warehouse; Baku Is Still Upset.
- RUSSIA : Drunk's Death Scene Dance...Goes Viral...Offends Many.
- GERMANY / FRANCE / SHIPPING / IMAGES : World's Largest Container Ship Docks In Hamburg.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- RUSSIA : Miss Russia Defends Pussy Riot Punkers; 4 Detained After Small Moscow Pussy Riot Protest.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
28 April 2013
TEXAS / CALIFORNIA / MEDIA : Gov. Perry Demands Apology From Newspaper For Editorial Cartoon About Fertilizer Plant Blast.
Extremely conservative Texas Governor Rick Perry...who regularly touts the state's relaxed regulation and low taxes...to recruit businesses from other states and is especially fond of ridiculing California...is now demanding an apology from a California newspaper cartoonist.
Jack Ohman...the editorial cartoonist for the daily Sacramento Bee...drew Perry praising the state's booming business...next to a frame depicting the recent fertilizer blast...that killed 14...and damaged or destroyed 142 buildings in little West, Texas.
Perry described the cartoon...'as someone mocking the tragic deaths of my fellow citizens and our fellow Americans.'
He demanded the newspaper apologize.
The newspaper defended its cartoon...'as a strong statement about Gov. Perry's disregard for worker safety.'