- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- RUSSIA : Siberian Cult Leader Rudnev Jailed For Raping Dozens Of Followers.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- AUSTRALIA / USA : USA Navy Resumes Ship Sinking Exercises.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- UKRAINE : Thousands Protest In Kyiv For Yulia, Against Yanukovych; Some Injured In Clashes.
- ANIMALS / HUMOR / IMAGES : Cats: Love Them Or Hate Them; Website Now Lets Owners Shame Them.
- COSTA RICA / PERU / COLOMBIA : 17 May UPDATE : 2 More Aides Resign After Prez. Chinchilla Comes Under Fire For Free Flights On Alleged Narco Jet; Key Minister Resigns Over Flight From Bogus Person.
- MEXICO : Shocking Details Emerge About Mayor's Abduction Before Execution; 19 Bodies Found In Chihuahua State.
- MEXICO: Telenovela Star's Assistant Charged With 4 Counts Of Attempted Murder.
05 April 2013
SLOVENIA / ECB / IMF : Is It Bank Bailout-Out Time In Ljubljana?
Since converting to capitalism...the politicians in Ljubljana have steadfastly refused to privatize their state owned banks.
They allowed a spending spree...often to associates and friends.
Now...the state banks need new capital after many loans went sour...but the state has no money.
In 2012...14.4% of all bank loans were non-performing...and banks hold more than 7 billion euros in non-performing loans.
The nation's sovereign borrowing costs are now above 6%...nearing the dangerous 7% level.
So...taxpayers are on the hook...and they are angry about corruption and continued austerity.
Is a bank bailout by the dreaded Troika imminent for Ljubljana?