- VENEZUELA : Caracas Gets Some Toilet Paper Relief; Opposition TV Channel Globovision Surrenders; Maduro Befriends Empresas Polar.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- RUSSIA / VIDEO: Where Road Rage...Gets Real Ugly...Real Fast.
- MEXICO: Are Calderon And USA "Soft" On Sinaloa's Narcos?
- COSTA RICA / PERU / COLOMBIA : 17 May UPDATE : 2 More Aides Resign After Prez. Chinchilla Comes Under Fire For Free Flights On Alleged Narco Jet; Key Minister Resigns Over Flight From Bogus Person.
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- GERMANY / ITALY / POLAND : 29 June UPDATE: UPSET!! Roma Beats Berlin 2-1.
- UKRAINE : Thousands Protest In Kyiv For Yulia, Against Yanukovych; Some Injured In Clashes.
- BULGARIA : Viewers Ask : Is TV Show "Otechestven Front" Cursed?
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
05 April 2013
SLOVENIA / ECB / IMF : Is It Bank Bailout-Out Time In Ljubljana?
Since converting to capitalism...the politicians in Ljubljana have steadfastly refused to privatize their state owned banks.
They allowed a spending spree...often to associates and friends.
Now...the state banks need new capital after many loans went sour...but the state has no money.
In 2012...14.4% of all bank loans were non-performing...and banks hold more than 7 billion euros in non-performing loans.
The nation's sovereign borrowing costs are now above 6%...nearing the dangerous 7% level.
So...taxpayers are on the hook...and they are angry about corruption and continued austerity.
Is a bank bailout by the dreaded Troika imminent for Ljubljana?