- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
05 April 2013
URUGUAY / ARGENTINA : 08 April UPDATE: More Mujica Slams! Kirchner Was 'Slimy'; Cristina...'Stubborn'...'Old Hag.'
The delicious controversy continues in the Mercosur/Southern Cone.
Uruguay's unconventional former guerrilla fighter President Jose 'Pepe' Mujica...was caught on an open mike...calling Argentina's President Cristina Fernandez, 60...'an old hag...worse than the cross-eyed man'.
Now...in a magazine interview...Mujica continued the mean taunts...describing Kirchner as 'slimy.'
Mujica was visiting a dairy/cattle farm Thursday...when he was first overheard discussing his frustrations dealing with Kirchner and Brasil's President Rousseff over trade and tariffs.
Mujica, 77...said he preferred dealing with Cristina's husband...deceased President Nestor Kirchner...who had crossed eyes...because 'he was more of a politician.'
Mujica described Fernandez as 'stubborn.'
Pepe also mocked her instructing new Pope Francis about a mate and straw set she gifted him...because the former Argentine cardinal had lived there...for 77 years!
Buenos Aires formally protested the comments.