- CHINA / ENVIRONMENT: Beijing Sets New Standard For...Dense Deadly Smog.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL: More Headaches For Dilma : Her VP's In-Law On Playboy Cover...And Chief Aide's Dubious Payment.
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
- POLAND: C.Bank To Strengthen Zloty By Selling Euros.
- BRASIL / ITALY / GUATEMALA / USA / RUSSIA: 1 Dead, 7 Injured In Rio Fuel Tanks Fires/ Blasts; Ruby Heartstealer Admits Lying About Silvio's Sex Parties, Money; Ex-Prez Alfonso Portillo Extradited To USA For Money Laundering; Moscow Bans VKontakte By 'Mistake.'
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- BRASIL: Documentary About Rio Garbage Dump... Up For Oscar.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- COSTA RICA / PERU / COLOMBIA : 17 May UPDATE : 2 More Aides Resign After Prez. Chinchilla Comes Under Fire For Free Flights On Alleged Narco Jet; Key Minister Resigns Over Flight From Bogus Person.
05 April 2013
URUGUAY / ARGENTINA : 08 April UPDATE: More Mujica Slams! Kirchner Was 'Slimy'; Cristina...'Stubborn'...'Old Hag.'
The delicious controversy continues in the Mercosur/Southern Cone.
Uruguay's unconventional former guerrilla fighter President Jose 'Pepe' Mujica...was caught on an open mike...calling Argentina's President Cristina Fernandez, 60...'an old hag...worse than the cross-eyed man'.
Now...in a magazine interview...Mujica continued the mean taunts...describing Kirchner as 'slimy.'
Mujica was visiting a dairy/cattle farm Thursday...when he was first overheard discussing his frustrations dealing with Kirchner and Brasil's President Rousseff over trade and tariffs.
Mujica, 77...said he preferred dealing with Cristina's husband...deceased President Nestor Kirchner...who had crossed eyes...because 'he was more of a politician.'
Mujica described Fernandez as 'stubborn.'
Pepe also mocked her instructing new Pope Francis about a mate and straw set she gifted him...because the former Argentine cardinal had lived there...for 77 years!
Buenos Aires formally protested the comments.