- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- HUMOR : Horrible Yearbook FOTOS Unearthed.
- RUSSIA : Wanted For 15 Years...Cop Turned Serial Killer...Caught In Vladivostok.
- MEXICO / AZERBAIJAN : 26 Jan UPDATE: Controversial Azeri Statue Moved To Seedy Warehouse; Baku Is Still Upset.
- RUSSIA : Drunk's Death Scene Dance...Goes Viral...Offends Many.
- GERMANY / FRANCE / SHIPPING / IMAGES : World's Largest Container Ship Docks In Hamburg.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- RUSSIA : Miss Russia Defends Pussy Riot Punkers; 4 Detained After Small Moscow Pussy Riot Protest.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
16 April 2013
ARGENTINA : The Dollar Hungry Hunt For Greenbacks In Buenos Aires; Bitcoins Explore LatAm Exposure.
If you are an adrenaline-fueled money junkie...but won't play the volatile virtual bitcoin realm or suddenly sagging gold market...you can always take your greenbacks to Argentina...and exchange them for pesos.
The so-called blue market/illegal returns there can be a staggering 69% over the official rate.
And...it's all done in a cloak and dagger atmosphere...that rivals Cuba today or the Soviet Union in the bad old days.
Thanks to President Cristina Fernandez's severe dollar controls...and rampant inflation estimated at 20-30%...the currency black market is thriving underground in Buenos Aires.
But consider...that buying or selling pesos on the 'blue market' is treated there as an act of 'terrorism'...and carries a maximum prison sentence of 8 years.
Inflation also has citizens begging for larger bills...because the biggest...the 100 peso note...no longer buys much.
: In an effort to lure Argentine savers...severely distressed by capital controls and inflation...a USA company will open a bitcoin exchange office in BA...where there is growing interest...in the 'gold for nerds.'