- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
- RUSSIA / VIDEO: Where Road Rage...Gets Real Ugly...Real Fast.
- BULGARIA : Viewers Ask : Is TV Show "Otechestven Front" Cursed?
- MEXICO : Durango Raid Kills 'Chapo' Guzman Aide..."Architect" Cabrera Sarabria.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
- GERMANY / ITALY / POLAND : 29 June UPDATE: UPSET!! Roma Beats Berlin 2-1.
- COSTA RICA / PERU / COLOMBIA : 17 May UPDATE : 2 More Aides Resign After Prez. Chinchilla Comes Under Fire For Free Flights On Alleged Narco Jet; Key Minister Resigns Over Flight From Bogus Person.
- UKRAINE : Thousands Protest In Kyiv For Yulia, Against Yanukovych; Some Injured In Clashes.
16 April 2013
ARGENTINA : The Dollar Hungry Hunt For Greenbacks In Buenos Aires; Bitcoins Explore LatAm Exposure.
If you are an adrenaline-fueled money junkie...but won't play the volatile virtual bitcoin realm or suddenly sagging gold market...you can always take your greenbacks to Argentina...and exchange them for pesos.
The so-called blue market/illegal returns there can be a staggering 69% over the official rate.
And...it's all done in a cloak and dagger atmosphere...that rivals Cuba today or the Soviet Union in the bad old days.
Thanks to President Cristina Fernandez's severe dollar controls...and rampant inflation estimated at 20-30%...the currency black market is thriving underground in Buenos Aires.
But consider...that buying or selling pesos on the 'blue market' is treated there as an act of 'terrorism'...and carries a maximum prison sentence of 8 years.
Inflation also has citizens begging for larger bills...because the biggest...the 100 peso note...no longer buys much.
: In an effort to lure Argentine savers...severely distressed by capital controls and inflation...a USA company will open a bitcoin exchange office in BA...where there is growing interest...in the 'gold for nerds.'