- RUSSIA : Court Sets One Pussy Rioter Free; Fame Brings 70 Year Closure For Eurovision Folk Singer.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- UZBEKISTAN: 23 Aug UPDATE: GooGoosha Responds To Critics; Ruthless Dictator's Daughter Seeks Fame With Pop Career.
- URUGUAY: Foreigners Rush To Buy Farm Land.
- RUSSIA / CZECH REP : 30 Dec UPDATE: Probe Begins Of Moscow Plane Crash That Killed 5, Injured 3.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- ARGENTINA: Bond Appeal Surging On Exports And Debt Restructure; Beating Ukraine For Yield For Now.
- MEXICO / USA : Wanted Narco Billionaire's 'Daughter' Arrested In San Diego.
- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
16 April 2013
ARGENTINA : The Dollar Hungry Hunt For Greenbacks In Buenos Aires; Bitcoins Explore LatAm Exposure.
If you are an adrenaline-fueled money junkie...but won't play the volatile virtual bitcoin realm or suddenly sagging gold market...you can always take your greenbacks to Argentina...and exchange them for pesos.
The so-called blue market/illegal returns there can be a staggering 69% over the official rate.
And...it's all done in a cloak and dagger atmosphere...that rivals Cuba today or the Soviet Union in the bad old days.
Thanks to President Cristina Fernandez's severe dollar controls...and rampant inflation estimated at 20-30%...the currency black market is thriving underground in Buenos Aires.
But consider...that buying or selling pesos on the 'blue market' is treated there as an act of 'terrorism'...and carries a maximum prison sentence of 8 years.
Inflation also has citizens begging for larger bills...because the biggest...the 100 peso note...no longer buys much.
: In an effort to lure Argentine savers...severely distressed by capital controls and inflation...a USA company will open a bitcoin exchange office in BA...where there is growing interest...in the 'gold for nerds.'