- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- AUSTRALIA / USA : USA Navy Resumes Ship Sinking Exercises.
- UKRAINE / GERMANY : Official Blasts Hotels...As 'Bandits And Thieves'...Over Euro 2012 Housing Costs; Movie About Legendary Nazi Football Defeat Worries Officials.
- BRASIL / ITALY / GUATEMALA / USA / RUSSIA: 1 Dead, 7 Injured In Rio Fuel Tanks Fires/ Blasts; Ruby Heartstealer Admits Lying About Silvio's Sex Parties, Money; Ex-Prez Alfonso Portillo Extradited To USA For Money Laundering; Moscow Bans VKontakte By 'Mistake.'
- UKRAINE / EU / RUSSIA : Pressure Builds On Yanukovych; Yulia's Treatment Is Euro 2012 PR Blunder; Putin Backs Kyiv.
- BRASIL / COLOMBIA / UKRAINE: 13 Sept. UPDATE: Bettors' Favorite Odessa An Also Ran In Miss Universe Contest.
- RUSSIA / CHECHNYA/ FRANCE : Actor Depardieu Parties With Dictator Kadyrov.
16 April 2013
ARGENTINA : The Dollar Hungry Hunt For Greenbacks In Buenos Aires; Bitcoins Explore LatAm Exposure.
If you are an adrenaline-fueled money junkie...but won't play the volatile virtual bitcoin realm or suddenly sagging gold market...you can always take your greenbacks to Argentina...and exchange them for pesos.
The so-called blue market/illegal returns there can be a staggering 69% over the official rate.
And...it's all done in a cloak and dagger atmosphere...that rivals Cuba today or the Soviet Union in the bad old days.
Thanks to President Cristina Fernandez's severe dollar controls...and rampant inflation estimated at 20-30%...the currency black market is thriving underground in Buenos Aires.
But consider...that buying or selling pesos on the 'blue market' is treated there as an act of 'terrorism'...and carries a maximum prison sentence of 8 years.
Inflation also has citizens begging for larger bills...because the biggest...the 100 peso note...no longer buys much.
: In an effort to lure Argentine savers...severely distressed by capital controls and inflation...a USA company will open a bitcoin exchange office in BA...where there is growing interest...in the 'gold for nerds.'