- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- BRASIL / ITALY / GUATEMALA / USA / RUSSIA: 1 Dead, 7 Injured In Rio Fuel Tanks Fires/ Blasts; Ruby Heartstealer Admits Lying About Silvio's Sex Parties, Money; Ex-Prez Alfonso Portillo Extradited To USA For Money Laundering; Moscow Bans VKontakte By 'Mistake.'
- AUSTRALIA / USA : USA Navy Resumes Ship Sinking Exercises.
- UKRAINE / GERMANY : Official Blasts Hotels...As 'Bandits And Thieves'...Over Euro 2012 Housing Costs; Movie About Legendary Nazi Football Defeat Worries Officials.
- UKRAINE / EU / RUSSIA : Pressure Builds On Yanukovych; Yulia's Treatment Is Euro 2012 PR Blunder; Putin Backs Kyiv.
- RUSSIA / AZERBAIJAN / DENMARK / EUROVISION 2013 / IMAGES: 21 May UPDATE: Moscow Outraged By Azeri Vote Problems; Denmark Won Finals...That Featured Lesbian Kiss; Germans Blame Poor Showing On Merkel.
- BRASIL / COLOMBIA / UKRAINE: 13 Sept. UPDATE: Bettors' Favorite Odessa An Also Ran In Miss Universe Contest.
08 March 2013
DENMARK: 63 Diners Sickened At Lauded Noma Restaurant.
Is drooling over TV cooking competitions...and famous chef shows...one of your guilty pleasures?
Hey...who knew that Anthony Bourdain was so funny (eg, his wet deuce airplane tweet)...and Gordon Ramsay was so fiery, profane, insulting and anti-French?
But...it wasn't funny...and the hushed atmosphere was probably filled with profanity...at Copenhagen's much lauded Noma restaurant...after an estimated 63 diners got sick there in February.
Inspectors are probing why so many diners got ill during a 5 day period...from apparent food poisoning.
Officials called it a 'massive' outbreak.
Apparently an ill cook vomited while preparing food...and the kitchen was not fully disinfected.
Since opening in 2004...Noma has been widely praised for its reinvention of Nordic cuisine, winning Michelin stars and worldwide recognition...as well as charging high prices ($260) for its set meals...not including wine.