- RUSSIA : Court Sets One Pussy Rioter Free; Fame Brings 70 Year Closure For Eurovision Folk Singer.
- UZBEKISTAN: 23 Aug UPDATE: GooGoosha Responds To Critics; Ruthless Dictator's Daughter Seeks Fame With Pop Career.
- URUGUAY: Foreigners Rush To Buy Farm Land.
- RUSSIA / CZECH REP : 30 Dec UPDATE: Probe Begins Of Moscow Plane Crash That Killed 5, Injured 3.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- ARGENTINA: Bond Appeal Surging On Exports And Debt Restructure; Beating Ukraine For Yield For Now.
- MEXICO / USA : Wanted Narco Billionaire's 'Daughter' Arrested In San Diego.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
08 March 2013
DENMARK: 63 Diners Sickened At Lauded Noma Restaurant.
Is drooling over TV cooking competitions...and famous chef shows...one of your guilty pleasures?
Hey...who knew that Anthony Bourdain was so funny (eg, his wet deuce airplane tweet)...and Gordon Ramsay was so fiery, profane, insulting and anti-French?
But...it wasn't funny...and the hushed atmosphere was probably filled with profanity...at Copenhagen's much lauded Noma restaurant...after an estimated 63 diners got sick there in February.
Inspectors are probing why so many diners got ill during a 5 day period...from apparent food poisoning.
Officials called it a 'massive' outbreak.
Apparently an ill cook vomited while preparing food...and the kitchen was not fully disinfected.
Since opening in 2004...Noma has been widely praised for its reinvention of Nordic cuisine, winning Michelin stars and worldwide recognition...as well as charging high prices ($260) for its set meals...not including wine.