- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- COLOMBIA : 30 May UPDATE: Premiere Of Narco Pablo Escobar Telenovela...Sets Viewer Record.
- RUSSIA : Aeroflot Fires Attendant...For Posting Middle Finger Salute Foto.
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- GUATEMALA : Gen. Rios Montt Faces Another Massacre Trial.
- ITALY : Ruby Heartstealer Testifies About Bunga Bunga Parties at Milano Trial.
- BRASIL: Footballer De Souza's Model Mistress Murder Trial Begins.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
08 March 2013
DENMARK: 63 Diners Sickened At Lauded Noma Restaurant.
Is drooling over TV cooking competitions...and famous chef shows...one of your guilty pleasures?
Hey...who knew that Anthony Bourdain was so funny (eg, his wet deuce airplane tweet)...and Gordon Ramsay was so fiery, profane, insulting and anti-French?
But...it wasn't funny...and the hushed atmosphere was probably filled with profanity...at Copenhagen's much lauded Noma restaurant...after an estimated 63 diners got sick there in February.
Inspectors are probing why so many diners got ill during a 5 day period...from apparent food poisoning.
Officials called it a 'massive' outbreak.
Apparently an ill cook vomited while preparing food...and the kitchen was not fully disinfected.
Since opening in 2004...Noma has been widely praised for its reinvention of Nordic cuisine, winning Michelin stars and worldwide recognition...as well as charging high prices ($260) for its set meals...not including wine.