- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- POLAND: Sopot's Famous Crazy, Crooked House; Communist Board Game Goes Multilingual.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- MEXICO : Shocking Details Emerge About Mayor's Abduction Before Execution; 19 Bodies Found In Chihuahua State.
- MEXICO / CANADA : 3 Feb UPDATE: Sheila McNabb's Husband Thanks Canada As She Recovers From Surgery After Mazatlan Beating.
- MEXICO: Telenovela Star's Assistant Charged With 4 Counts Of Attempted Murder.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- AUSTRALIA / USA : USA Navy Resumes Ship Sinking Exercises.
- ANIMALS / HUMOR / IMAGES : Cats: Love Them Or Hate Them; Website Now Lets Owners Shame Them.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
19 February 2013
CUBA / BRASIL: Dissident Blogger Yoani Sanchez Escapes La Habana...Only To Be Booed And Mugged In Bahia.
Never underestimate the long reach of Cuba's clever Castro brothers.
After 20 futile attempts...dissident blogger Yoani Sanchez , 37...was finally allowed to leave Cuba...for the first time in over a decade.
She headed off on an exhausting 80 day...12 nation tour...thanks to recent changes in a 50 year old Cuban travel law.
Sanchez's first stop was in Salvador, Bahia...to see a documentary she had a part in.
There was was booed by 4 dozen pro-Castro protesters...who forced the screening to be canceled.
One even grabbed her hair.
Later... she was able to address the crowd...for about 45 minutes.
Brasil's Veja magazine claims her rude reception was organized by the Cuban embassy.
And...probably more rude receptions...courtesy of the Castro hermanos.